Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

microdisectomy

hi. had surgery in december 2012. Have had L5-S1 herniations for a long time. Lucky enough to have conjoined sciatica nerve too. Had to have have surgery in december because I woke up one day and could not walk without excrutiating quivering pain. I can now walk again however, still have numbness and weakness and pain in lower right leg and bottom of right foot. Taking neurotin trying to come off Tramadol. I am three months out. Everyone says I have to give this time and be optimistic. Doing water exercises walking PT but am very concerned. Any Advice if people recovered more so after 3 month period would be very welcomed to know. thanks Marla
brendakosminoff
advertisement

Comments

• My latest surgeries were in June 2012 and I continue to see nerve improvement monthly. Good luck to you. Are you in PT? How is it going?
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • I imagine it's different for each person. My doctor told me it could take up to a year to fully recover. Just take it really slow and follow your doctor's orders to the T! Hope you continue to get better. Good luck!