Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Opana ER

So who here has received the new reformulated Opana ER, the one from Endo? Well, I was changed to it this week and I got to tell you, it's pretty much usless. I keep waking up in the middle of the night in bad pain and suffering withdrawal symtoms! It seems to be the same type of abuse proof formulation as the new OxyContin, but the pills seem very hard. I am concerned they are not dissolving correctly or something. They kill my stomach too. I guess it's time to call my Doc! What are y'alls experiences with this new Opana?

• I never had it before now and it seems to help and has allowed me to cut down on the oxycodone. I have heard from many people that the new formula doesnt work now.
    DDD 2 level ALIF L3-L5 in 2007. 4/11/13 posterior fusion w/decompression on L5-S1.
  • I had to switch to generic MS Contin. I started on 20 mg x2 day. It took 3 weeks to order the 30 mg I cant remember what happened but those were expired so he got (my PM got mad and gave me the MS Contin ER) One thing is they (neither ER) do not last 12 hours more like 7 ish and the opana took over an hour to start working. It's very difficult to get it. One CVS has restrictions they said they cant order or just wont. My other CVS can order but as I said, they cant say when or how long it takes. Very frustrating. I would be willing to give the 30 mg a try if we could get it. Im glad it's helping. I liked that there was NO clouding of my thinking. It was very clean and clear headed.