Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Therapy - Insurance - Frustrating!

So I had my first Aquatic therapy session today and I felt like it is something that might be beneficial. I would definitely like to try a few more sessions. Of course I find out after the fact that the therapy place is "out of network".

They did try and call and file an appeal for me but with my specific insurance they could not do it. They did give me all the pointers I needed to talk to the insurance company. I now have to wait until it gets billed and I get my explanation of benefits. Then I can file my appeal.

Frustrating because I dont want to run up a huge bill that I may not be able to cover, just to see if they will end up covering the therapy. So I am going to see if they can bill this as soon as possible and see what I can do from there.

Stinks that insurance works the way it does, this in and out of network stuff is annoying.

The guy I talked to at the insurance company sounded positive that it would end up getting covered since I tried physical therapy and things ended up getting worse and this is the only aquatic therapy place in the area. Guess I just get to sit and wait now.

• I'm sorry you are now back to the "waiting" game. Hopefully you can get this worked out and back to therapy soon.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Call a rep from the insurance company and ask about the rates for this place, If you have the location name and tax id which you can get from the facility your insurance will tell you what to expect.
  • The therapy place is supposed to be calling me again today. I asked them yesterday if they could push through the initial bill ASAP so I can figure out what to do next.

I liked the therapy and the therapist. He had messed up his back and had surgery a few years ago. So he has real world experience and ideas. He now has no problems working on his farm or riding his horses. That was encouraging.
This discussion has been closed.