Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Receiving strange message

Has anyone received a private message recently that is tell you about pain, how it can be managed and there is a book that can help you eliminate your pain.
You just have to contact this member to do so.

If anyone has received a message like this, please PM me, no need to put your member name on the public forum.

The message appears to be spam and is definitely solicitation, which I want to put a stop to.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• I have not received this message, but would welcome it. Any book or other product that would eliminate my pain is
    absolutely a solicitation that I am very grateful to receive.

Solicitations are something that, in my opinion, should not be banned. You have no idea which member (s) could potentially benefit from a given solicitation
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    But for the most part when we chase down a URL identified in a spam/solicitation, we generally find that it is a hoax, just looking to get money from people that need help.

There may be a few valid solicitations, but the forums rules state Solicitations of any kind are not permitted at Spine-Health, And since that is a rule and every member is suppose to read the rules before posting, then the person making a spammed/business or personal solicitation is doing so knowing full well it is a forum violation.

There are plenty of URL's out there if you googled, you will find so many claims on how a particular spinal problem is going to be fixed. We just do not want people doing this here.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I agree, often they are spams in attempts to sell their product and should be done somewhere else and not here. If we want to buy a book or product we can go anywhere on the web. We dont need the spam stuff bugging us on here....