Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nerve root block..should I get it?

Long story short :
Have bulging disc
Arthritis in neck

I have spent the last 8 months in my recliner chair because the bulging disc was pressing on a nerve and I could only stand for a hour or so.

Had steroid injections, therapy and a nerve root block 2 months ago with no relief.

BUT in the last 2 weeks the disc pain has subsided quite a bit, I hope its getting healed.
I can now stand and walk for a few miles. The arthritis hurts a bit but its manageable.

This Diagnostic nerve block was scheduled 2 months ago when I was in worse shape.It is being done for a possible surgery which I really don't want.

Do you think I should call my doctor and postpone or cancel it ? in hopes I may be getting better.
Reason being, its very dangerous,painful and really expensive.

Thanks in advance Larry

• If it was me, I would cancel the nerve root block if I was having to pay all or a significant portion on the cost. Done by a well qualified and experienced doctor, it should not be dangerous. I did not think of it as painful, at least compared with other stuff I've had done and live with.
    Severe DDD, Severe neural foraminal stenosis at 2 levels, moderate canal stenosis at 2 levels, significantly impaired left shoulder & arm function. Chronic moderate compression fracture at C6.