Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

past mbr. back to say hey

scinmyheartsscinmyheart Posts: 76
edited 03/26/2013 - 8:54 AM in New Member Introductions
hey everybody...I was a member for awhile around the time I had my fusion in January 2010...which went as planned even including the brutal hospital stay at no extra charge. Everybody was so nice and compassionate while answering questions that I had. I had a PLIF at the L4-L5 level, and that corrected the issue with THAT disk, but as everyone knows, the continuing problems don't seem to go away. As of my most recent MRI in Nov 2011, there's bulging at the L3-L4 level and the L2-L3 level...diffuse facet arthrosis at the L5-S1 level...DDD at L2-L4, and

...and perplexing to me is the act that the radiologist listed the disc space is narrowing and desiccation occurring at the L4-L5 level...but this is where my fusion was...with the cage being in at that level, could the disc space continue to narrow?

my wife and I moved to TN last May, so changing pain management clinics after 11 years was not easy

well, enough of my misery as there are those here that I continue to pray will get better...although I haven't been posting, I've kept up with everything since my fusion.

take care all and feel better!

• jellyhalljjellyhall Posts: 4,373
    edited 03/25/2013 - 9:10 AM
    I was here in January2010 facing my lumbar PLIF of L4/5 too! I had it in March that year.
    What was your name when you were a member before?

I am still here as after my lumbar fusion my neck started to play up. I had a cervical 2 level ACDF done 4 months ago.

• hey jellyhall...I used the same name back then

good luck with your neck issues...my wife has cervical problems from a car wreck, so we've both been in the same pm clinic for the past 10 years...at least we both can be gimped up together. I just wish she didn't have any problems

• I don't remember your name. Do you remember mine?

My lumbar problems were really helped a lot after my surgery but they seem to be coming back again now. :-(

I really hope that they will progress VERY slowly.
    I did actually wake from my cervical fusion tossing about in pain, and when asked where my pain was, it was my lumbar spine! Not a good sign!!

Has your wife had surgery on her neck? I suppose you could say that at least you both understand what having spine pain feels like!

I'm not sure where TN is as I am in the UK. I would guess at Tennasse???
  • I do remember you, jellyhall...but I have an unfair advantage of keeping up with y'all "behind the scenes"...you have to remember that was over 3 years ago-that's a lot of tablets between now and then.

yes, you are correct in TN being Tennessee. We moved from Florida, the armpit of America, a year ago and couldn't be happier. I just could not take any more of the Florida summers...and I wanted more of a traditional winter with a little snow and some hills and valleys! Tennessee is just beautiful.

I know what you mean about the problems coming back...or maybe they never really left. I'm just waiting for another disk to rupture and will go from there...nothing can be done for the arthritis, but boy it is unforgiving...and I'm sure we have scar tissue, too. Unfortunately, I don't have much improvement from the shots...just a couple of days,

no, Lisa has not had surgery yet...she seems to be able to tough it out so far, although I imagine it will just be a matter of time