Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New guy here

Good afternoon,

I am looking for some advice on what treatments are available and the most relevant for my problems

I am 28 year old male, 5`8" weighing about 15 stone, who plays 5 aside football 1-2 hours per week.

The pain i have has worsened over the last 5 years, in the morning it takes about 10 minutes for me to fully straighten my body and stand up properly, the morning after playing football my whole body aches, legs, feet, back, neck.

I have never really bothered about it, but i it is now affecting my daily mood, i know i am "obese" according to the BMI, but i have done lots of excersize all of my life and would like to think that my muscle makes up for some of the 15 stone,

I now have to go and do something about it, and i have no idea what to go for,

Sports Therapy
Massage etc etc

Does anyone have any thoughts on the relevance of these therapies or if i am barking up the wrong tree.

Thanks so much in advance and i look forward to having a better life.

• First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and read some of the doctor written peer reviewed articles on the site. As far as whom should be treating you the first place you need to start is with your primary care physician. You need to get a diagnoses of what is wrong with you. The symptoms you described could be any number of things, so not any of us could say what is wrong with you. We are not doctors just patients ourselves. Now once you get a diagnoses and if it is spinal related there are plenty of members who can jump into help. Of course all of us either back, neck issues. I can tell you from my perspective some of your saying was how I felt with my neck injury, but there was much more to go with it. For example I couldn't hold anything, was dropping stuff all the time, tripping up and so on. I good chart to look at for spinal issues is the dermatone map, it shows you what nerves on the spine effect what areas of the body. But with that said you could have something totally not related to the spine and something else going on, even something as simple as vitamin issue or something more serious going on. I would start with your primary care doctor let them give you a complete physical exam and some blood work and see where you go from there. Keep in mind getting a diagnoses can be a process so be patient and I am sure the doctors will figure it out for you.

Just wanted to stop by and say welcome but also keep us posted on what your diagnoses ends up being. If I can be of any assistance don't hesitate to pm me.