Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C3-C7 disc bulging and degeneration

In this past year I have found out that I have bulging discs from C3-C7. I am suffering from severe migraines and constant neck pain. I have already done all of the preventativies such as physical therapy, medications, message therapy and now 2 rounds of spinal injections. In my last MRI I found out that I have bone degeneration between my C6 and C7. Has anyone had surgery to help with any of these issues and if so what has your recovery been like. I am only 35 years of age and I am a single mother of 3 young boys so I am very worried that if I have the surgery that the doctor spoke to me about that I may not be able to care for my children. Any advice and help is greatly appreciated........... <3
Dannessa Taylor

• Have you been to a spine surgeon at this point? They'll be able to tell you in more detail what the issues are and what would be done to correct them if at all. If there is fusion then there will be a period of time with no bending, twisting or lifting (probably 10 pounds for at least 6 weeks) and then maybe increase in lifting over a period of time. For my first 10 days home from the hospital I was supposed to have someone present in the house with me 24/7.

4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • dannessaddannessa Posts: 2
    edited 03/29/2013 - 6:33 PM
    Yes I have seen a spine surgeon. They sent me to see a pain managment doctor first to receive injections because they are concerned about my age. I am only 35 and my dr said that since i am so young he would like to prolong surgery as long as possible but the injections did not work so not I am going back to my surgeon in 2 weeks. I will be seeing a neurologist in a couple of days to see how bad the nerve damage is. I am just really concerned about the possibility of surgery becausse I am a single parent of 3 young boys and do not have the help that I think that I will need.
    Dannessa Taylor
  • I'll be interested in knowing what your surgeon says. I've been delaying surgery since I got my Aug 2012 MRI results.

Steroid injections caused famale problems which resulted in Feb 13 surgery.

Not sure how much longer I can delay the fusion surgery. Neck and arms are in a lot of pain