Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

unbearable mid back pain

Starting in August I started to experience pain in my groin area/buttocks and also my mid back. I actually had my left leg give out and i fell. At first the midback pain was on/off and the lower pain was constant. But now the pain in my mid back is constant and varies in intensity between dull to very severee. along with severe pains in my buttocks. I am also now having problems in the bathroom department and have been diagnoses with gastroperesis. I have had many medical tests down for my abdomen issues with no help.(3 cat scans). I am now starting to get on/off pains in my upper arm, not a tingling sensation but more just pain that comes and goes. So the pain in my buttocks is my lower buttocks mostly in my left side. I had a severe episode of pain on friday night in my pelvis and into my left hip and side,mid back pain was horendeous, i thought for sure kidney stones but the dr. did not and said the previous cat scans would have shown stones, even though they were with contast, that night my heartrate was 130 and my blood pressure was much higher than normal. I have also been experiencing pains in my breast/chest area. Any ideas??? The dr. seem to not want to help me, i did have a pelvis and spine x-ray yesterday and i am waiting for results. the only way i got that test was by asking my ob/gyn to check for bone infection because of chronic elevated white blood count and consistently lowering of red blood cells. I must also mention I had surgery in december for an ovarian cyst and extensive pelvic and stomach adhesions. But not sure if that is relevant as now I wonder if the surgery was even necessary as they found these problems accidentaly when I first started looking into my back issue.
Any suggestions would be so helpful, thank you
donna kirk

• You have very similar symptoms that I had starting in Oct 2010 and ending with 3 surgeries to treat what in my case was a MRSA infection in the T4-T5 area with an epidural abscess.I can't diagnose you,I can only offer my experiences with my staph infection. Intense pain in mid to upper back that started suddenly and would pop up with increasing intensity over a 6-8 week period. The pain radiated from my T4-T5 disk in back all the way around to the front of my rib cage. I had no fever and despite of the serious infection, my white blood count wasn't too far out of shape. MRSA is a staph infection that is often found in drug users, smokers or after a surgery. A blood test called an ESR ( something Sedimentation Rate ) as well as MRI with contrast are good tests to rule MRSA out. I was loosing mobility and feeling numbness in my legs for several weeks before I collapsed and lost all feeling and had paralysis from my T4-T5 in my back all the way to my feet.

I can't speak for all of your problems, but I can say that had I known what I was dealing with, I would have seen an Infectious Disease doctor to rule MRSA out.

In my case, I spent 90 days in the hospital, had 3 surgeries, was on IV antibiotics for the whole time, and went home with a lot of nice hardware along my spine and a spinal fusion from T2 - T9. It took me 12-13 months to walk with a cane.

I hope I don't sound too harsh, but when I hear thoracic or any severe pain in the spine, I try to sound the alarm about MRSA, especially when you had a surgery unrelated to your spine just before your new problems surfaced.

And, being a newbie poster here at SH, I hope I haven't violated any rules in answering and sharing my story with you. Please get the ESR blood test and research the boards for spinal infections. Any spinal and adjacent bone and soft tissue infection is a serious thing. Better safe than sorry.

I hope I have offered you a possible plan to ask your doctor about, and in my case, I waited too long and was misdiagnosed by 6 different doctors before I was in an ambulance and my life was changed forever.
  • edited 04/23/2013 - 10:37 PM
    I would like to suggest looking into a different office chair. This could help reduce your pain. I think the most comfortable office chair is an xxxx

Link removed, solicitation not permitted.Please read the Forum rules
    Post Edited by The Spine-Health Moderator Team