Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Two weeks from acdf 5-7

Can any body tell me what to expect after the surgery as far as pain, do's and don't and anything I can do to make life easier while I recoup?
Michael L Adams

• I suggest you go look at the Back Surgery and Neck Surgery forum, especially the "stickies" at the beginning. There is terrific information about what you should do before surgery to get ready for after. There are also a lot of good listings about what to expect after surgery. After my ACDF C3-7 I was supposed to have someone in the house with me 24/7 for 7 days, no getting in a car for 10 days (except home from the hospital), no bending, twisting or lifting more than 10 pounds (a gallon of milk) until post-surgery check with the doctor. After that, still lifting restrictions for some time. Best thing to do is walk, walk, walk.

Best of luck. PM me if you want.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • kfortinikkfortini Posts: 8
    edited 03/27/2013 - 5:44 AM
    Hi, I just had my 5th surgery. The last one was on Feb. 26th for a 2 level ACDF 3-4 and 4-5. It wasn't bad at all. I've had three ACDFs and 2 posterior foraminotomys. Each surgery has been different. Karen D pretty much covered everything in her post. Just do as your doctor says and you'll be fine. Lots of rest and drink lots of water. :)