Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Steroid Injections Friday

I've had 2 back surgeries and a neck surgery in the past 3 years. Since January of this year I have had allot of pain on my right side in the back and my surgeon says it's the S1. He set me up to have an injection this Friday. I am very fearful in having this done. I have soft bones from Osteoporosis, and I ended up in ICU after my neck fusion from the graft they tried to take from my left hip.
As far as the pain, how will they know if this is going to work? I did have an MRI in January, but for the past 3 weeks the pain has been so hard to bare, and it feels like a sharp knife stabbing me in the butt and hip when I try to sit. Hard to even sit on the toilet.
During some X-RAYS I had on March 20th when the tech. had me lay on my back with my knees bent, I couldn't let my right leg and groin fall to the right for the pictures. Does this sound like a S1 problem or my hip & groin? I'm confused.
Please, if someone has had the injections, let me know what I'm in for as I already experience allot of pain in this area.

• BotzBotz Central FloridaPosts: 223
    edited 03/28/2013 - 2:44 AM
    I have had several surgeries on my L5S1. Most recently on the 20 th of March. I have been holding off since 2007. Over the past few years injections have given my alot of relief. I have had more than 20. Relief would last anywhere from a day to 7 months or so. I would get so much relief that i was able yo take my mom to Germany for three weeks summer of 2011. After 20 I decided thay was enough and I wanted off the pain rollercoaster. Saw a new surgeon that said he could repair my failed fusion.

So far so good. Minimal surgical pain.
    Good luck! Injections were pretty easy for me. First few were with sedation. Then I felt like it wasn't really necessary. All were done under fluresence.