Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My spine has been torturing me for years , since I fell from a roof in 1984 I have only had one surgery. I have tried every type of thing possible to recover however nothing has worked for long. I had l-4,l-5 fused in 1999. The doctors tell me I have multiple bulging disk’s as well as herniated disks all through out my spine.
I have found 2 great PM doctors and the latest one has me on 60mg of methadone 4 times daily as well as 75mcg fentanyl patch’s every 48 hours. I also take hydromophone 8mg as needed. Cymbalta 60 mg for the depression and to help with the pain. Soma 350 mg up to 4 times a day. I am also taking some things to help with my hormones as they apparently are way out of whack!
Problem is yesterday I don't remember doing anything particular , but I am out of my mind in pain. Bad night trying to sleep and want to go to the emergency room for some relief however I don't know how that would go? Anybody have any suggestions!

• If all you get is a machine, leave a complete msg. If you don't get a callback and decide to go to ER, call again and leave MSG that you are going to ER. At ER immediately notify triage nurse of PM relationship, names and #'s, preferably in a written notice including all meds and schedules. Give this info again to each doctor that sees you.
    Severe DDD, Severe neural foraminal stenosis at 2 levels, moderate canal stenosis at 2 levels, significantly impaired left shoulder & arm function. Chronic moderate compression fracture at C6.
  • do you think they c an give me some relief?
  • I have not had to do this in s a very long time?
  • Might just tell you to take an extra dose of something, or give you okay to go to ER, and they call ER telling them you are being sent in by them. That would speed things up greatly at ER.

Good Luck !
    Severe DDD, Severe neural foraminal stenosis at 2 levels, moderate canal stenosis at 2 levels, significantly impaired left shoulder & arm function. Chronic moderate compression fracture at C6.
  • Thanks for the help! I called my doc and the recording says that if this is urgent then go go to the ER. I may have to as this pain is unmanagable with the meds i have, so i wll keep you all inkformed! Thjanks for the adv4ice and s3upport. This is by far the worst I have felt in awhjile;;;;;
  • I can commiserate with your pain and it is critical that you follow the advice above regarding a complete accounting of who you see an dwhat you take. Give this to every professional you see and I would even go so far as to log dates and times of calls for help. The contract you signed couploed with this log may give you ammo to maintain the relationship with the PM Dr. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure they can dismiss you in a heart beat.
    I'm a friend in the other fellowship and I struggle with the fine line between pain and drugs.
This discussion has been closed.