Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How bad do you let it get?

I have disc osteophyte complex formation in C5/6, C6/7 and C7/T1 with minimal central canal stenosis and posterior disc herniation. The pain I'm feeling is horrific at some points! I have an appointment at the pain clinic for possible injections but that's not for another 5 weeks as well as an apt with a neurosurgeon, but that's also at least 6-8 weeks from now.

I was doing chiro everyday, but the pain is getting worse and when he adjusts me I want to cry from the pain! I have stopped this since after yesterdays appointment brought me to tears! This morning I noticed that I can't lift my left arm higher than shoulder height because of the excruciating sharp pains running through my neck and the amount of weakness in my arm is crazy. I feel as thought I'm just not strong enough to hold the weight of just my arm!!! If I stand up straight I want to cry the sharp pains I'm feeling all over right now are seriously bringing me to tears...at what point to I either go the the ER room or start yelling at someone? I'm so frustrated today...by far the worst day ever for pain...will it ever end...I hurts to breath :(I don't know what to do.
Mother of three amazing boys who wants her life back, suffering from chronic neck/shoulder pain for 9 months.

• I am so sorry to hear how much pain you are in.
    I would stop seeing your chiro. My surgeon told me not to let a chiro touch me after they looked at my MRI scan and saw that my cord was compressed because it could be permanently damaged.

I think if I was you I would contact my neurosurgeon to let them make the decision as to whether you should be seen urgently or if it could wait.

Generally weakness is more of a concern to them than pain. For this reason I think you should let some medically trained person know about how much worse you are now and that it is since a chiro adjustment.

I do hope that you will get some help very soon. Please come back and let us know how you get on.