Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Any doctors out there who want to study traumatic thoracic pain causes

thoracic spine painthoracic spine pain Posts: 566
edited 04/14/2013 - 11:06 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
There are so may people on this sight that we should be able to change the way the medical profession thinks and works with the thoracic spine.

I don't believe traumatic thoracic spine injuries are stable and know they can cause excruciating pain which never stops.

My muscles and tendons were damaged around my ribs, and any twisting motion puts me in pain. We twist our ribs all day, every day. I wake up with pain and you think it would settle down after sleep but I think it could be that I sleep with my rib cage in an incorrect position.

Therefore it seems logical, to twist the ribs the opposite way to the way you normally twist them, which seems to give some relief.

I think a thoracic brace for thoracic injuries when they happen to stop twisting of the spine might work. The muscles and tendons would be able to heal in the correct place instead of being aggravated every time we move.

Drs don't seem to take this into account when they say that thoracic spine is stable and shouldn't give pain.

If we could get someone preferably form the medical profession , to do a study on people with painful thoracic spinal injuries, it might help all of us and future people with this problem.

It makes it a hundred times worse when drs think it's all in your head and try to put you on SSRI's for depression. Of course you get depressed if you are in constant pain - it's not rocket science. I won't take them so a pain doctor tried to give me largactil which as an ex nurse I know turns people into zombies. I don't want to be a zombie I just want the pain to stop. I have a degree, it's just not in medicine.

Any ideas from anyone would be helpful. If there is a doctor out there who takes this problem seriously and has read the posts, I am sure there would be govt funding for a research study. There might be a Nobel prize for medical research in it for you.

I have appied and been successful for govt funding in other areas so I am willing to do a bit of the leg work if anyone is interested.
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,045
    regarding Thoracic disc problems.

I came to this site around 2005 because I was looking for information regarding thoracic discs. Back then there was not a lot of information about it.
    Since then, the medical field has embraced this area and has made so many positive strides.

Years ago, the thoracic surgery was at best barbaric. Today, it is becoming a realistic and successful surgery.
    There have been more than just a few studies done on thoracic problems. I am not sure what source you have, but there are many medical journals that discuss all of this.

Today, I doubt there are many doctors who would think thoracic disc problems and pain is just in the patients head. It is taken very serious.

Personally, I am one of those thoracic disc patients. I have seen the improvements made in just the past 5 years.
    There is more coming and from everything I have read, the medical field is completely aware of this.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Hi Ron

Any links to thoracic spine research would be much appreciated.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,045
    Just enter: thoracic disc
    on the search here and you will be pointed to many articles and some videos for you to review
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com