Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I had open bilateral SI joint fusion January 10th of this year. for the first eight weeks, I was on strict bed rest. I was initially able to walk with the assistance of a walker, but it was still hard to do so. during the time that I was on bed rest, I seriously thought that I was getting better. on my week nine, I started to get up more often and try to participate with my children again. Well, ever since then, I have deteriorate again. I'm in constant pain regardless of the medication; and I am unable to walk without my walker. I am even needing a wheelchair when I go to the store. When I went for my check up last week, my doctors was utterly baffled (as always) and doesn't understand why I am regressing. For this reason, he is sending me to his partner to see if he could come up with why none of my surgeries have helped. Speaking of other surgeries, I have had two facet joint surgeries which failed. my body refuses to fuse with the donor bone that was used. Anyways, has anyone had open SI joint surgery and what was the outcome? I am going crazy with this pain and I am tired of not being able to be independent like I used to be. Please give me feed back...

• So sorry to hear about your pain. I know nothing about SI. But if your doc is not coming up with answers for you it is time to seek out some new opinions. Hopefully your docs partner will have some for you but if not seek another. It is likely that the partner will be very careful not to contradict anything his partner has done. Other than that try searching the forums for people with similar problems who will have better advice for you!
    L5S1 REMOVED herniation. Years of pain & compression. Microdiscectomy complete!! Trying to be super smart & safe with recovery!
  • Thanks for the advice. I'm in the process of looking for another doctor for a second opinion. Unfortunately, I have met several people here that are having the same issues. But at the same time, I have found others who have improved. I just hope I find a doctor that can fix me soon. Take care..
  • Hi
    I had my left SI fused in July 2012 but I remained in pain and so had a spinal fusion done Nov 2012, as I have recovered from the fusion I have been unable to sit for longer than 20 minutes at a time and have a burning pain in my Left SI along with pain across the base of my spine. After lots of X-rays, scans and diagnostic injections I have now been told that I require a further bolt on my left SI
    Apparently it is very rare for 1 bolt not to be enough. Go back to your surgeon and suggest completing further tests