Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Shoulder blade issues

I am a 47 year old male. I have had a cervical fusion (C6-C7) twice, because the first one (1998) didn't take. The second one (2006) utilized a titanium plate which made the difference. I smoked for 25 years but quit in 2010.

I had a Chiari I malformation which was decompressed in 2003. In 2011, I had a traumatic brain injury when I passed out at work, fell backward and hit my head on a concrete floor. A pacemaker was inserted to prevent arrhythmia from causing any more fainting. I lost my sense of smell but it seems to be improving, however slightly. I suffered a concussion, skull fracture and subdural hematoma, but recovered with no other problems.

The concern I have now is this: I have a right rotator cuff issue that causes extreme pain (about 6 months worth at this point). My right shoulder blade feels very sore at the bottom, as though there is a major bruising right on the bone, if that makes sense (about a week for this one). Also on the right side , I feel a burning sensation behind the right shoulder blade (like sunburn inside my back)... the sensation happens often while I am eating. I swallow and feel a burning inside the back of my right lug / shoulder blade (about 5 or 6 years for this one).

Any ideas what any of this may add up to? Fairly recent CAT scans and x-rays show nothing really. I can't have an MRI because of the pacemaker, so I'm guessing this is a nerve thing.

Please help if you can, friends!

• Hi i also had C6/C7 done in 2012 one year later i have for about 3months now a burning pain over my right sholder blade it is there all the time movement makes it worse, lifting my right arm makes it worse the pain that comes with it. The eating thing dose not happen to me. I also have had C3/C4 C4/C5 C5/C6 in in 2007 fusion. This pain and burning only came before and after C6/C7 for me.