Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

stenosis question

Does anyone know if a fusion has anything to do w/helping with severe stenosis? If not how is this issue addressed?
Thank you

• Stenosis can get better with anti inflammation medications , possible injections along with pt ,

Or are you saying you have a fusion and now have stenosis ?

My mom had stenosis 3 injections along with pt she avoided surgery. She is doing fine now, Not every one is so lucky so some might need surgery ,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • On my MRI it said I have severe stenosis, and have not recieved a clear answer as to whether it will get worse? or whether it is what is causing my pain...just confused!
    Thank u
  • Lami is a procedure they can do to make room for the nerve if alternative treatments fail, But surgery should always be the last option,
    Stenosis is where nerve might get compression within the spinal canal, Sometimes it's from bad disc closing the gap and sometimes it can get beter on it's own is why they use injections and meds with pt to see if surgery can be avoided,

If the disc is so bad where it can't be saved is when they consider removing the disc and fusion,

What treatments are you receiving up to date ?
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I am doing P.T. but have been dealing w/the pain for a couple years. No one has really gave me any answers...other than you will need surgery someday via nuersugeon, go to a pain clinic....which instead I went to a oropathic doctor whom is doing the P.T. and think surgery can be avoided, but I have to protect my neck THE REST OF MY LIFE! and I am in my 40's??
  • This is something you definately want to make a special appointment with your doctor BEFORE surgery to clarify any and ALL questions you have. You need to start a list and write down any and all questions you want answered.Never have surgery without first getting a 2 nd opinion! I don't care what anyone says! Trust me on this! I know bc I had surgery on my lower back and 2 weeks after my back was right back where it was and my pain was much worse! I have bad disc in every area of my spine and they want to do surgery on my neck, my thoracic and lower spine. I will not have it unless I'm going to die! I wanted to get spinal injections but a young doctor told me that being that I'm 38 I'm to you g to start having them bc they make your bones deteriorate quicker! The pain really stinks and it has really affected every aspect of my life! I'm going to private message you with some info.