Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Discogram/Back Pain

Hello, I had a discogram today after having an MRI, CT Scan, and Myelogram. I slept through the procedure and can only remember toward the end having a sharp pain and then it was over. Has anyone else had this experience? I am in pain and hope it will go away soon.
Thanks
Stacy
advertisement

Comments

• Were they trying to figure out if your pain is from the disc? I assume you have some pain b/c they were sticking needles into your back and into your discs to elicit the same pain you have been feeling. I can't speak from experience, but I would think just the procedure itself is the cause. Did they tell you to expect some pain afterward?
    Xstar
  • I had a laminectomy on l4 l5 and s1 in 2006. I started having back pain over 1 year ago. I have went through physical therapy, traction, and have had 3 epidural injections, and have had a nerve root block. The dr. wanted to know which discs are causing the pain and if it is in more than one level.. P ain management has not gave me any narcotics for pain. None of the alternative medications have helped with the pain. I don't remember the discogram that I had today. Slept through it and wondered if anyone else had experienced this?
    Stacy
This discussion has been closed.