Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am a Teacher!

Many of us have gone around the Spinal problems/treatments/surgery for quite some time now. We pretty much know how it all started, have a good idea about why it stays with us, but still do not like the day to day aspects.

Experience can mean so much. I think we all can understand how that applies to our jobs and what we do at home.
When we are fresh brats at taking on a task, we tread thin waters But as we continue to have those same acitivities, we learn from that and our experience begins to show.

We can help the newer members of the job. Teach them a little about the 'ropes' what to do , what not to do. I am sure everyone out there can relate to this. You could have been on either side of that equation.

It all makes sense, Right? Really no questions.

Take that into our arena. There are so many folks that are first experiencing spinal problems and they are totally scared, and rightfully so. Many times that are looking for answers and/or help. Talking with their doctors may be very cordial, but the magnitude of what could be is overwhelming, so you may not remember all what is being said.

Here is where I think Spine-Health can shine. We have so many members that have been through so much. I couldn't even begin to name them. But as you read our forums, you will find that many of them have become teachers. They read your posts and then try to respond in a way that is informative but also providing their own experiences.

This way, those folks become teachers. Not in a classroom, but providing guidance, insight, warnings and much more to others. I really believe those of us that are in that 'teachers' mode take it very serious.

I know for myself that if I could tell someone about what they shouldn't do or what they should do and it helped them, they I feel very satisfied.

So, for all of us who have the experience, become the Teacher and help someone else.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• paininohioppaininohio Posts: 240
    edited 05/13/2013 - 4:35 AM
    Has anyone watched that new TV show, I can't think of the name of it, but its 5 people over 70 and 5 people under 30 living together. Its pretty cool, because older people can benefit from the perspectives of the younger crowd, just as the younger crowd can benefit from the perspective of the older crowd. Interesting theory.
  • Paininohio, when you think of the name of it will you let me know? It's sounds like it would be fun to watch.
  • Kiki, it was "Forever Young". 8-) (man, that has been driving me nuts all morning LOL)
  • Thank you. I'll see if it's on in my area.
  • I just like to say thanks to every body on this site young or old, I log on to this site every day I dont post much because I one of thoses people that my condition will get worse over time and surgery has made some things better and some things worse, but I enjoy just reading every body experiences and knowing I am not aloan in my strugle and just seeing how strong every body is and how you are all like one big family and how you all have good and bad days and you are give advice and support. Thankyou