Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can I be depressed and cry?

My answer is always Yes
Dealing with chronic pain is never easy. It is probably harder on those that are first experiening this situation.

Some times I read a post about a person that just started to have pain, never before, and only for a couple of weeks.
I shake my head at those and honestly feel for them, because they have no clue as to what chronic pain is really all about.

Pain, that is always a subjective topic and as such, i dont want to bring it into this thread. One person's pain may be a laughter for someone else.

When you start to deal with chronic pain and have to realize that every day you will be dealing with this, there is a certain amount of depression that starts to sink in. I remember all so well when I first started to have back problems and when I first had my lumbar surgeries, that this was only going to be a small adjustment in my life style.

Little did I realize! As time goes on and you wake up each morning in pain, go through each day with some sort of pain, and then end the night with another source of pain. And this scenario is not for just a couple of days or weeks, but much longer. You understand, you are living with chronic pain.

Living with that, its understood that certain activities in your life will have to be eliminated or remodeled.

That has its toll. I will be honest and tell everyone that I have had periods sobbing and the worst pity-party you could imagine. In fact I invited al my spinal problems to show up at once..

Seriously, it does wear you down. You can be stoic and show the happy face all the time. But I aure that alone, with no one to see you, those unhappy negative feelings start to come out.

Dont hold back those emotions, let it all come out. I can not tell you how many times I have been by myself, on the computer (like now) or just walking outside (likeI just did), those negative feelings surface. They can really put you down

Its easy to understand at that point why depression starts to sink in. You sit back , look around and then start to see how others are doing and you begin to cry. Crying is not a weak sign. Unfortunately, today we have been brought up saying that crying is a weakness., so we dont cry.

Please , CRY, WEEP, get things out of your system. Get depressed feeling that you are the one who has been targeted with all of this. But then come back and understand where you are.

Depression and Crying is fine for those living in chronic pain. But never allowe those feelings to get the most of you at any time. We all have so much to e thankful for. And honestly, if you can come here, read the posts, respond, you a re light years ahead of many others.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• This is a very good message. I've come to terms with my chronic pain, but it took quite a while to do so. After my 3-month check up after my third spine surgery (done Dec. 18), my surgeon told me that I'd never be pain-free. Sure I'd have good days and bad days, but my pain level will never be 0. Hopefully one day it'll be at a steady 3, but there's always those flares that come unexpectedly.

I think it's important to cry or sob when you need to, when it all builds up and you feel overwhelmed. I've done a lot of that over the past 6 years, but not so much any more. I get into the shower and just bawl my eyes out. I don't like to cry in front of my husband as this is hard on him too and it's very important for me to try and keep as cheerful as possible so he doesn't get too down.

So go and do it, scream into a pillow, cry when you have to, and then you'll be strong enough to carry on.
  • I have always cried a lot. Even as a child I remember I used to sit next to my mum and ask her if I could have a cry. She would give me a hug and say 'Go on, let it all out.' Maybe that's why it is easier for me to get depressed these days. I also laugh a lot. I know it may sound like I am bipolar but I am sure I am not. I think everyone deals with their emotions in a different way. Some people bottle them up, I just let them all out. Tears run down my eyes when I listen to music, especially live music. Not because I am sad or depressed. It's just my body's reaction to the beauty of sounds. I have been in pain for a year now. I know that I am lucky it is only 3/10 but it's been there for a year now. I live away from my family and closest friend, I come back home to an empty flat after work, lie down on the floor and cry because I am fed up with my life and the pain. But I know it's OK to do it. I am not surprised people who live with chronic pain are depressed. Why wouldn't they be? And depression and tears go together. Crying to me is not a sign of weakness. It's a sign you have been trying to be strong for too long. All the best to everyone on here!
  • lastnervellastnerve Posts: 68
    edited 04/17/2013 - 7:43 AM
    Your tears have a chemical in them that can sooth you.

I find my coping capabilites are cyclic. There are days in a row I am strong and able, followed with a day or two when I am so tired of it all.

The good news is the bad days only last a wk or 2, and then you know a good day is right around the corner. : )
  • That post was so inspiring, and so is this sight. I do not think anyone of us wanted this to happen to us, I do find myself crying a lot but I also try to do it when I am alone, sometimes tho I can't help it when my Pain gets so bad I cry anywhere I am. I try my best to keep my pain managed, but Every day is different, and one wrong move and I am Paying for it. Sometimes I do not even realize what I did to hurt myself and that really hits home, I wear my soft collar when ever I feel that I know that I need to protect my neck, I even wear it sleeping. We here all all Human and sometimes we have Break Downs, wishing that this Daily Chronic Pain will Go Away and Never come back.

I look back at my life and I am Thankful for the Time I was allowed to wake up Pain Free!!! Being able to make plans and keep them. I slowly but surely am trying to learn this New way of life, I think the accepting part is the Hardest!

What also hurts is that all my Friends don't get it and tell me I need to go get Help. I am getting help I see all kinds of Dr's. if they took the time to listen, they would understand My life is filled with numerous Dr. Appointments. I like to read, so that is what I do. Instead of trying to keep up with people who do not understand, I have decieded to take care of myself the best I can and NOT worry about what people think of me. I know in my Heart this is here to stay and I am going to learn coping skills, and I am very Thankful for all the Great People I have found on "Spine Health".
    ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.
  • Thanks for another great post, Ron. I am very grateful for this site and all of you here that "truly get it."

I have cried a lot tears over these last 16 years since I was first diagnosed with back problems. The pain, anger and (for a while) the inability to accept things cost me my marriage, which devastated me. I had to accept things for what they are, and had to learn to like myself again. I'm finally beginning to feel better about myself, but it's still challenging.

Thanks for the support everyone, and I look forward to helping support all of you, too. :-)

• alexhurtingaalexhurting Posts: 1,991
    edited 04/17/2013 - 12:21 PM
    Sorry you had a bad day there Ron, Of course we all get those days too often even, where it hits us how pain has affecting our life, Often even wonder how did I make it this long living like this and you can't help but to feel sad about it,
    It's financially stressful for starters then the pain along with the financial stress it does at times a kick in the ass,

On top of that as many mention same of what my experience has been family don't really get it along with some friends who think this is a vacation in paradise becoming disabled and not being able to work, They forget it's not only we can't work we can barely walk and all the enjoyment has been removed for the most part from our life,
    Peoples mentality is simply an insult on top of our injury as they live a normal life pain free and they think chronic pain is get out of work ticket ,

It is so pathetic ! And we find ourselves trying to explain our situation to some fools as we fall for this bait when the sooner a person realizes they have no reason to have to explain anything to anyone the beter you will deal with it,
    It took me a while to figure this out, It's not that people don't get it, It's simply they could not care less,
    Because it's not rocket science an injury and pain makes a persons life much harder then a person with no injury,

That's about as simple as your A B C , So you can't fall for the stupidity of others and trying to justify your pain if they suffer from dumbass syndrome, And sometimes we are actualy dumb enough to fall for it, This is what brings the emotional hurt on ourself by ourself because we should know beter,

The emotional hurt of well people don't understand, We don't need everyone to understand , He'll even if nobody understands only one is important is yourself that has to understand it, I mean do we need approval from someone other then ourself to be in pain,? He'll no !

And the sooner every one of us comes to term with this the beter,! We are not looking for oh I am sorry you are in pain !
    Sorry ain't going to change a damn thing, We all know who is sincere and know what we deal with ! And a fake sorry your in pain sometimes is worthless when you know that person will criticize you behind your back !
    We all know this happens , It happens within the family and our friends,

When you are at your worse dealing with your condition is when you will find out who your real friends and family are,
    If they are not there when you are at your worse you sure the he'll don't need them when you are at your best !

We don't need sympathy but we deserve respect ! We are no less as people now then we were before chronic pain,
    And when that respect is broken look out cause it's one thing being disrespected in general , But being disrespected while suffering a man can be like a wounded animal and will fight like pit bull to take back that respect,

You don't let anyone think of you any less of a human being simply due to your injury and we all need to fight to keep that respect, And don't assume for 1 sec this does not happen in our happy happy happy world,

We might have hard time standing, But when we stand we stand tall and proud as we are survivors and not weak to all the bad the world tossed our way !

If anyone has a problem with that , talk to my walking stick I keep in my car to clear up any misunderstandings !

Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Are you the 1 I talked to in chat from Illinois ? You own 3 gyms 1 near me here in newlenox ?
    Sorry your surgery did not come out as you expected ,
    It's never easy of course Especialy when there are multiple issues,
    Only people that never had surgery assume every surgery fixes all the problems !
    Sure there are a few who are lucky enough to get 100% better and life goes on,

But the people who think doctors can fix everything and will even say wel just go back to the doctor if you still have pain as if its that simple when they know nothing of spine surgery and once you have damage that can't be fixed it blows my mind how ignorant and stupid some people can be !

It's simply the stupidity of some people out there as if everyone could be fixed nobody would be in a wheel chair, Nobody would walk with a cane. Nobody would be disabled , Nobody would die of cancer. Nobody would need liver or heart transplant as many die as they never receive even the chance because there is not enough donors to go around to save every person that's in need of 1".

Speaking of ! Please while I am on the subject fill out your forms and be a donor ! save a life !
    A woman died in a car crash in 1998 , Name of person not allowed to be provided to family of person who received this woman's liver after she died at a dearly young age !
    My father was dying and suffering for 10 years with liver complications after he had TB ,
    When this woman died in a car crash her liver was transplanted in to my dad and saved his life !

Each birthday after that we sang happy birthday to dad and this woman who died as she was now part of my father,
    I was allowed to write a letter of thank you to the family of this woman who died only through the mayo clinic to keep that family privacy ,

In that letter I said how sorry we are for there loss of loved one as we thank her for giving our father life and we pray for both her and her family and she lives on within my father as she is also part of our family now !
    She is one special person thinking of others as she was a donor assuring even while she lived if her life ends unexpected she want to leave a gift to others in the world to extend there life to live and be loved by there family !
    We thank her and all her family for this special gift to us giving our father life,

I think this process helps of communication between the person that died and who received there loved ones organs and god only knows how many people she saved by her gift of giving back to human kind out of human compassion !
    Dad lived another 9 years died unexpected ! But we are greatfull for those 9 years this stranger we never met give us with dad,

Me going through this with dad long waiting list as most die before they receive a transplant I learned a lot on this subject 1 st hand , Chicago waiting list never came through as his time was running out as I took him out of state 6 hour drive there 6 hours drive back to Chicago for at least a year before he was lucky enough to get on top of the list,
    Many never make it !

For this reason I ask everyone be a donor and fill out all legal documents as drivers lisence is not enough as many assume !
    Make family aware along with drivers lisence and further documents so it is clear otherwise that gift will not be given to others
    If an unexpected dead was to happen,
    Most times family is not even aware you are a donor and without full concent in a legal document family often is mixed emotions during unexpected events where 1 will say yes while another family member says no that's not what he or she wanted,

Because most times we just assume family knows what we want,

Family"s get so screwed up after a death at times everyone says something different of what that person really wanted that died, You can have people crawl out from under a rock claiming they know what this person who died wanted even if they not seen them in 40 years, Because opinions are like assholes we all have one !

But if you want your wishes be done as you wanted while you are on earth ! You better put it in writing !
    Tattoo it on your back or forehead if you have to because otherwise people are just simply ignorant and stupid !

So do this and be a donor or I send my ex girlfriend to your home and keel you ! Lol

Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • What people need to Understand that at one time we all Worked, and Lived "Normal Lives". I have a Failed c4-c7 Cervical Surgery, it is not my Fault it Caused Many Other Pains". Since the day after my Surgery I was NOT the same, and I have not only 8 screws, and a Few Plates, but I have "Paper Clips" (that is what metal neck call them), Pins that cannot ever be re-moved, how ever before surgery I had Compression on my cord causing my left arm. and hand pain, weakness ect. so I had to have surgery, tried everything to Avoid it.

Then I Had to take time away from SH and as you say.

Well I got er done and I am really MESSED UP!!! Yes, at one time in our lives we were Normal, now we have Disabilities and Challanges every day.

acdf c4-7 (with Paperclips)
    Buldging disc l3-5
    ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.
    edited 04/20/2013 - 12:21 AM
    What does it have to do with this thread ? On spine health we talk open about anything we please and we go from crying and how to deal with pain to anything and everything that has to do with our emotions of sadness or joy ,

Part of that is being able to share something with others even if its something personal which helps us deal with life in general,

Feel free to talk about any subject you please lady,
    What being a donor has to do with the thread should not be a concern to you !
    With all due respect ,

We all share a story in response to every post as we are not limited in our views and feelings as members of spine health which helps many understand one another on a more personal level ,

Chronic pain, Spine surgery, depression, long lasting medical health issues all in part of the scope of medical issues along with liver damage of possible long term use of medications along with many other organ damage and failure in many,
    So organs are in part are just as spine or heart kidney all are part of any thread on a medical website,

So with that being said, Me sharing my personal experience surrounding my fathers death during my own personal suffering with my own spine health issues with others as I have here which we all do as that's part of the healing process !
    This should of been clear to you that this in fact was in my lifetime my all time low in my 52 years of seeing someone dying who happens to be my father of liver problems while I myself in chronic pain suffering ,

Now all this might not interest you because its not something you happen to take great interest in !
    But it just happens that this is just one of those things I developed to have a strong firm belief in while working with a transplant coordinater !

So what ever it is you feel the thread is about or should be about you could of simply continued and added something instead of questioning my motive or ask what this has to do with the thread !
    If you don't feel being a donor is important enough to mention , that's not your decision to make !

And you joined 4-19-2013 ? Oh boy, You not one of those control freaks are ya ?
    If you came here for help and support its a 2 way street ! And everyone needs to remember that !
    Don't expect support if you can't be supportive yourself !

By the way secondtimesacharm my name is Alex , Don't believe we have met. Welcome to spine health ,
    Best wishes ,
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Apology accepted. See as the name says, Secondtimesacharm ! Lol
    No big deal just wanted to point that out is all,

I figured you wrote that possibly not putting too much thought in to it,
    I have done it myself in the past.
    So of course we are good, Did not mean to scare ya or anything, But I did have to call off my hit man that was heading to your house. Lol

It's nice to meet you secondtimesacharm !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Ok you mean I did not scare you ? Oh I see you take kick boxing lessons ,
    Ok any time any place !

You calling the fight then? Lol

Ok well young lady you have your people contact my people and set up a meeting ! There is only 1 way to resolve this dispute ! Mud wrestling , hot dog eating contest or frog licking contest see who passes out first,

We will see if you scared or not ! Now I am giving you fare warning I am state champion for the last 9 years of Frog Lickers champion federations of the state of Alabama !

So bring it on sister ! I sting like a butterfly punch like a flea ! Lets dance missy ! I move so fast people don't even see me coming as I was already there,

I limp at a high rate of speed that breaks the sound barrier , So place your bets spineys as there is gonna be a showdown hillbilly spiney Frog Licking war spine health has ever seen ,

Git-er-done. The loser has to donate a kidney ! Deal ?
    2012 scs implant ,
  • started feeling bit down so began to read a few posts and now im smiling lol thanks alexhurting and secondchanceacharm and everyone on this site its good to know i aint the only 1 with the same and similar problems and i dont mean that in any selfish kinda way at all ;-)
  • Disputes are a cure for depression ! As Ron mentioned in this original thread Crying of course we all been there and nothing wrong with a good cry ! Pain can suck the life out of a person ,
    And as Charlie said you have to realy find yourself and learn to love yourself in this bad situation while dealing with pain,
    If we view ourself as less human due to pain how do we expect others around us to view us any different ,

Only reason others around us don't want to hear about pain is they have no idea how they would cope and they rather not even think about it ! For that reason is mostly why often they can't help as there is no perfect answer or response that would satisfy us anyways , This becomes for the most part a self healing process each and every one of us face,

There is nothing easy about it and crying at times is a natural temp: release but you have to forgive yourself and not punish yourself and yes it's hard to let go of the anger , We feel betrayed we feel cheated we feel hurt we feel everything normal in our situation,

Everything we do takes 100 times the energy but we push and push just to live another day and make the most out of each day, Each day with the hope tomorrow and the next will be better, You can set goals but setting it too high will always set yourself up for disappointment !
    Many of us I am sure just as myself were raised in the mind set you have to work and you can't be lazy as you don't get anything in life for nothing,

All this is true but injury and pain was not part of the plan in our up bringing !
    When you are not prepared for this nobody has the ability to simply adjust to such chronic condition over nite,
    Some have been dealing for 20 years or longer and they have not forgotten how much easier it was before this and still hit that brick wall from time to time knowing I did miss out on a lot due to my pain,

Positive of any sort from any source is a blessing along with anything that brings us laughter and joy ! We are all the same we are simply people same as anyone else , We cry either in pain or cry of joy or from laughter , we disagree , we over react, we under react , we talk too much , we talk too little , We complain too much, we don't complain enough , we argue or we don't argue enough to make our positions known,

We make up we say what we mean, we mean what we say, How are we any different then the rest of the world ?
    If everyone agreed on everything and never argued about anything how boring would our life be as there is nothing to say other then I agree , I agree Yes you are rite,

Nobody is ever a 100% rite ! I was wrong once back in 1990 ! Lol
    And how was I to know she was married with children,

Disagreement is vital sign we are still breathing and alive ! And also not brain dead !

2012 scs implant ,
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Good to see you two are on the same wavelength. Kind of concerned there for a moment. As for mud wrestling Alex, my money is on the girl, she will whoop your butt in a heartbeat.
    As for me, I'm an organ donor, no offense taken here. The main issue here is that we are all here to help one another.
    Take care all,
  • We make up and say what we mean? Who the hell wrote that, That has to be a typo cause I did not write that lol !
    That sounds stupid even coming from me , I don't even wear make up for Christ sake ,

Git-er - done

No need to worry Mr Ranger, Yogi and boo boo ain't stealing no picnic baskets ! Lol
    You know Alex don't fight with anyone , I am like a saint, Like an angel with wings ,

Besides I was just flirting with 2ndtimesacharm but don't tell her, You know how they get these woman lol,
    When you test there woman capabilities Nassa " rocket has been launched ! Prepare for landing Huston !
    Save all woman and children 1 st,

And by the way why save the woman before the man ? Ain't that profiling ? I find that a little disturbing,
    Laws need to change !
    I don't know how you other guys feel about this but i feel profiling is wrong ,
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I was just going to say "Get A Room!" you two. This kissing and making up is making me nauseous.

Anyway, well....I guess that's it. Except I haven't seen Alex type such long, passionate posts in a long time, if ever. You must have a lot to say, Alex. Need a phone call? :-)

• Cath, Who said anything about kissing ! Lol

I have not been logging in much lately so early morning I am 1 passionate dude !
    I am getting in touch with my feelings , exploring my feminine side,
    I discovered if I was a woman wow I would be such a bitch,

Thank god I was born a man ,
    Do I need a phone call ? Hmmmm What you have in mind ? Lol

How have you been doing by the way with the nerve pain ?
    Has it resolved at all I hope ?

Been trying to catch up on everyone's status as I missed many posts ,
    I don't see any update with Cindy pain pump with that new med used , Has she posted anything after the implant how well the med works do you know ?

Best wishes,

2012 scs implant ,
  • Cath111CCath111 Posts: 3,702
    edited 04/28/2013 - 3:19 AM
    I'm glad you're getting in touch with your feminine side - you know, the name Alex can work either way. But I know you can't afford "the operation" if you fall in love with yourself, so try to get out of touch with it at some point.

My nerve pain went away, thank God. I still have numbness (I'm assuming permanent at this point) on my left shin, but big deal - if I cut myself shaving it won't hurt, right? LOL I seem to be getting better, but still have back pain. Surgeon thinks it won't ever go away - after all, the surgery was for stability, not pain relief, only a 50% chance of any real relief. But at least I know that I won't break my back if I fall down or something. Well, hopefully depending on what's happening above my fusion.

As for Cindy, last I heard, in March, the pain pump trial was difficult as she had some complications, but once those were straightened out she did get some relief. Not as much as she thought, but the doc said there would be more coverage once it was installed so she was going ahead with it. I need to call her this week and catch up and I'll let you know. She concentrating on herself and her family right now, so she doesn't get on very much, but I'm sure she will again soon. Oh, and she didn't mention the medication, so don't know anything about that.

And how are you doing, my kooky friend?
    edited 04/28/2013 - 8:08 AM
    I have had probably the longest relief with the periformis injection as it calmed things down some more so then other injections, So this last neuro agrees it is possible sciatic nerve could be trapped in the hip as MRI shows nothing which further would need surgery,
    Of course he dont deal in hip or periformis release surgery of any sort so pain doctor having me see another ortho who deals I guess in this periformis issues,

Of course injection is wearing off now so nerve pain getting back to normal meaning normal like flare up is back to being bad,
    Its like you said, the fusion pain and such we can somehow deal with but nerve flare up is a different story,

If my condition turned out to be in the hip and they are able to free up the sciatic nerve as this is 8 years now I would be so happy ! Life would be so good, Hell I would maybe even get married as me and Sandra been living together 10 years already anyways, Ok maybe that's an over kill geting married, That was the drugs and nerve pain talking,
    Why screw up a good thing by geting married, You see now how crazy nerve pain can make a man think ?

Lol and yes I know Alex is also a girls name, Sandra's niece just happens to be Alex also !
    So when we at her brothers house every time they call her I say What ?
    Often even in a store a mom calls out for her daughter Alex ! And my heart stops thinking oh no ex wife maybe or an ex gf,

The last thing I need is some crazy ex girlfriend walking up to me telling me meet your daughter, Forgot to tell you I was pregnant when we broke up ! By the way you are way behind in child support ! Now pay up !
    I can just picture myself ending up on the Maury Povich show who the daddy,

Ok enough about me ! I am glad you are doing much better and nerve is not as bad as it was, Numb is still better then screaming nerve pain , You already know sometimes we are never a 100% better after multiple surgery and fusion so I am not telling you nothing new with that one,
    As long as you are able to manage and have some quality of life even if not being able to return to work its hard to adjust but with some luck some other positive things come your way and life can still be good,

Best wishes, And yes let me know how Cindy is coming along,
    2012 scs implant ,
  • ...is that my surgeon told me after this latest surgery, I probably won't be able to golf again - ever. Well, I'm going to try anyway in June, six months after surgery. I played with an 89-year-old woman and her son once, and she could only hit the ball about 50 or 75 yards. But she hit it straight up the fairway every time and probably ended up beating hubby and I. LOL So, I figure that I can just play like that woman and I'd be gettin'-er-done, right?

Best to you too Alex. Hope this hip stuff helps - wouldn't that be the most amazing feeling? Wow, a chance of nerve pain reduction or even loss. Saweeet!
  • Oh don't even mention golfing, That's 1 of the things I miss the most, Hurts just to drive by the courses as I have a few near by me I played all of them for years,
    My 1 st job was working after school and weekends at Cog hill golf course which is a prety famous course in Lemont Illinois most have seen on tv,

Golfing is like a drug addiction , Once you are hooked its hard to give it up, I did my best after artificial disc replacement to play but it became clear as I connected with the ball the nerve in the hip area nerve pain came on greater with each shot,
    Golfing was no longer an option,

But sure you could play after fusion and simply not over power the ball let the golf club do the work, 2 shorter shots staying in the fairway is better then 1 long shot in the woods or the lake,
    It use to crack me up friends trying to show off geting that extra few yards on the 1 st shot off the tee never knowing where ball went ,

When most know 1 st shot usually is lay up shot and most times the 2 nd shot is the key shot landing on the green so screw those few extra yards off the tee and chasing raccoons in the woods looking for there ball. Lol.
    Not to mention the snakes in some areas,
    Hey I found my ball but this cute little snake bite me, He was rattling his tail you think it's poison snake ?
    No you should be fine we only have 2 more holes to play and you have at least 30 more min to live so all is fine !

2012 scs implant ,