Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Struggling to manage pain

Over the last 3 weeks struggling to manage pain , I am a chronic pain sufferer but over the last 3 weeks thing have got worse. Increased pain which is fairly widespread, affecting my neck rediating to my shoulder girdle and my thoracic spine also down my right arm and hand. Pins and needles in my right hand,the newest thing that i have never had before is that when i wake up every mornning i have this pain on the top of my head a really bad pain. Also ongoing low back pain radiating down the groin and legs intermittent episodes of numbness effecting the lower legs and pins and needles in both feet. I had three episodes of numbness occurring in the lower body last week. So last week i contacted the pain team and they done a phone appment with me and they wanted me to go to the Emergency Department ,and i said NO you might say if you are in that much pain thats were you need to be. I feel let down by my Emergency Department past i two i been there and my pain been at a 7 and other things going on, and asked for help? here your are more medds i dont want more i want you to find out why things are different , they just sent me home the my GP has had to contact my consultant and the two time i been seen by him i need surgery , but no when you go to the Emergency Department there just not interested and i have only ever been there 5 times and i wont be there again if i can help it any way . Sorry for having a moan any way the pain consultant is giog to review me at the end of next week. I have had a lot of thease pains before but never as widespead but i have never had the head pain before has any one had this who has had C spine fusions before. History C3/C4 C4/C5 C5/C6 C6/C7 also Thoracic scoliosis also L4/L5 L5/S1 compromised

• charlie6017charlie6017 Posts: 412
    edited 04/17/2013 - 1:51 PM
    Hi Tina.......I guess if I were you, I would try to get the pain consultant to get new imaging on you. I am not a doctor in any way, but it sounds to me like you may have had some changes, causing worsened symptoms.

I wish you relief from the pain and hope you can get answers.

• The emergency department is there to treat life threatening emergencies - heart attacks, strokes, trauma, accidents, and other conditions that come on suddenly that must be evaluated right away.
    They are not there to do testing or Mri's unless there is a justifiable medical emergent need. Increased complaints of pain in a chronic condition, is not considered to be one of those emergencies unless there are other symptoms accompanying the increased pain
    that suggest that there may be something more going on.
  • Thanks Charlie i believe he going to do some more tests, thanks Sandi too i understand what you are saying and i did exppress that in my post i was there because things had changed not just the pain and the last too times i ended back up in there with in a couple of days having surgery because discs were out.
  • Good and regular exercise often reduces pain dramatically,but first of all you would need to know what is the suitable exercise you require and for this reason you would need to consult a physio,and you may often check out the modern therapies and technologies such as PRP treatment and BMC treatment which really helps to manage pain.
  • The only exercise i am allowed to do really is walking , because in 2007 when i had my first surgerys c3/c4 c4/c5 c5/c6 thay told me that i had dammage to my spinal cord cervical myelopathy and my legs and feet were mainly effected i would always have promblems . So when i can they want me too walk 30 mins every day i use sticks but i really only get out about three times a week i know i should try to leave the house more, the better weather is comming now so maybe. I never hard of thoese treatment i will look them up thanks.
This discussion has been closed.