Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Strange Mental Feelings

edited 04/17/2013 - 7:32 PM in Matters of the Heart
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the correct area but I will set out my situation and any comments greatly appreciated.

I am 52 and have suffered with chronic back/neck problems for decades with little medical success.

The reason for this post is that for the last several years I have been getting episodes of what can be best explained as

"coming over, feeling strange' for short periods 10-15 minutes at varying intervals. I think it is related to my neck as I can feel

when an episode might be likely by feelings in my neck and I dont think it is a mental condition such as disassociation.

It is difficult to explain more fully as once the episode has passed it is difficult to recall the exact feelings that ocurred

Kind Regards

• Hi Peter,

Don't know how to explain, or to help what you are going through. I am 61 and had back problems since I was 15. At 40 I really messed up my back, 8 or 9 surgeries, about a dozen various other proceedures and cancer surgery just to round things out.

For the last several months I have been "spacing out", and can not figure out why. It is very upsetting along with the "normal" pain that I have to indure.

Drs. are not of much help, test after test just to day they don't know what's going on because all test and brain scan are okay.

All I can say is at least we know that we are not alone. Good luck.

• Hi Peter and Larry,

Have any of the physicians considered CT scans to see if anything could be abnormal? I have wondered for a while if something like that could come up.......considering the spinal cord controls our Central Nervous Systems.

Just a thought, and hope you fellas can get to the bottom of this. Please do keep us posted! :-)

• Hi guys, I had a ct and was told everything looked normal. I am experiencing these "fogs" were I can not seem to concentrate or get dizzy. Like Peter I feel it has something to do with my neck, it seems to get "tight" then I get irritable, disoriented, confused sometimes even dizzy. Drs. tell me that other than my spin being a mess I am perfectly healthy and can find no reason for what I am experiencing.
    It's getting very difficult for me to deal with and needless to say hard on my wife and daughter. Just to add to my frustration they won't let me drive, not that I blame them.
    Thanks for your responses and a place to vent.

• Hi Guys,

Have just checked back in after deciding to "give up on finding a solution"
    And is some small consolation to find that you are not totally alone or crazy.
    Thanks for the comments
  • At least we know we are not alone and losing our minds.
    Take care.