Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SSA Success

Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 118
The SSA person that worked my disability application called me this morning and informed me that my request was approved! I spent a lot of time and energy to put the application together and called my doctors' offices to make sure they submitted my medical records to the SSA. I received a couple of SSA requests for additional information and I responded to those requests as quickly as I could. As you all know, being able to concentrate for more than a minute or two is very difficult when you hurt so very much but, somehow I managed.

Although my case worker did not know why, she says that I was also given Medicare Parts A and B coverage as of April 1, 2013. I understand you are supposed to be on disability for 1 year before you qualify for Medicare insurance but apparently there is something in my disability claim that generated the Medicare for me. Medicare is so much cheaper than my COBRA medical insurances. Whatever the cause or reason, I am very excited to receive this good news as my news has been constantly bad for over 10 years now.

Good luck and peaceful nights to all of you.

Semper fi,

• RickilalasRRickilalas Posts: 559
    edited 04/19/2013 - 8:47 PM
    Your one of the lucky few that gets through the SSDI in a reasonable amount of time. You are right having the paper work in line helps a lot.
    After I filed I found a web site forum to ask questions just to know how the procedure should go. I was approved at the initial stage also but it did take six months
    To the day for my claim to be approved.
    My question for you would be if you know the onset date they gave you. Was it 29 months back from your application.
    Normally you get approved then there is the first five month waiting period then you get Medicare 24 months after your first payment.
    It looks like they found you disabled way before your application date which other then being disabled is pretty good.
    Glad it worked out for you anyway. I have to start looking at what Medicare plan I am going to use in a few months.
    Have you decided what Medicare plan you are going to use yet..

Catch ya later
  • Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 118

According to my SSA contact, she put all the paperwork in the mail yesterday and I should get it Monday or Tuesday. Without the paperwork, I don't know the answer to your questions. I was on SSA disability payments in 2002 - June 2005 for cancer and gastroparesis , I went back to work in March in 2005. I don't remember when I started receiving SSA disability payments and Medicare. I had Medicare coverage until the end of January 13, 2013 so maybe I am receiving Medicare without a waiting period because it has only been a few months since I had it. I'll update you when I have the paperwork and see if I can respond to your questions. Jerome
  • RickilalasRRickilalas Posts: 559
    edited 04/23/2013 - 10:44 PM
    I can almost bet they continued your past disability claim so there was no waiting period.
    I have to give you credit for trying to work bud. Sorry it didn't work out.
    It will be interesting on what your paper work says. They may have even counted it as a trial work period .
    Now just hope the paper works comes.
    Many people are getting deposits before paper work right now so watch the bank also.

Good Luck