Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

So... Now What?

ZippedIn08ZZippedIn08 Posts: 15
edited 04/22/2013 - 5:34 AM in Depression and Coping
I am happy to say that I have finally found a pain management blend that works for me! But I have noticed that since I no longer have to watch the clock for my next med dose, I am bored as all get out!! I am afraid that this will take it's toll on me, and I will find myself becoming depressed. Actually, I am already kind of feeling that way. I know I need to find a hobby, but honestly nothing interests me. I am currently a stay at home mom, hoping to go back to work in the fall when my last one starts school, but until then... And I also know that I should be spending time with my daughter, enjoying the last few months of her being 'my little girl', but I am 'parked' out!! Plus, I live in AZ and it is already too hot to go outside and play.

Anyone have any fun and exciting hobbies they want to share? I admit I'm extremely lazy, :P, but I hope it's just a funk that I can get out of. Prior to all my health problems I worked 60 hrs a week and had a kickin' social life. Now I'm too old for that lifestyle. Or I feel that way anyways-

HELP ME!! Any ideas will be great! Thanks!

• I'm extreeeemely lazy as well, but am always bored (and I wonder why haha) so when I actually take the initiative to get off my bum and do something I try to find things that aren't too active, but still stimulating. Photography is my favorite hobby, particularly analog. There's nothing more fun that developing your own pictures in a darkroom! I've found myself losing hours in a darkroom. I don't know where you live, but most colleges will let you rent their darkroom for a couple hours for a small fee. Other than that, I kill time with little crafty projects. Jewelry making, DIY clothes, projects around the house, things like that. If all else fails... There's always Netflix haha.
    23 years old, female, back problems began at age 13.

Herniated disc at L5-S1. Microdiscectomy in '05, fusion in '07. No relief found other than the daily tramadol.

New: neck pain with radiating tingling/pain down both arms into hands.
  • ...playing games from Big Fish Games. I like the hidden object ones with puzzles. I also love to read and take a daily walk with my little Corgi Wally.
  • AllMetalAAllMetal Posts: 1,189
    edited 05/03/2013 - 7:27 PM
    I'm not a cook, but I did kind of enjoy making freezable casseroles and freezable crock pot meals.... plus, that will come in handy when you head back to work.

Another thing you can do is make a digital "baby book" like from places like walmart photos, shuttefly, tinyprints, etc. It takes time, and would be something you'd like to keep.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.