Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How Many

Those of you that have spinal cord simulators implanted, how many different settings do you have and then actually use? I was originally set up with two and asked for a third but was then told that people don't use much more than that. Just curious.

I go for my two week recheck on Thursday. I am going to see the Medtronic rep again, two of the three settings I have are in my stomach to much, but the third is oh so great .

I am improving, rather than the surgical pain that was buggin' me so, now I am back to my normal pain more, which I am very proud to say has been helped tremendously by my scs. I know I'm not supposed to drive yet, but had a bit of an emergency with my lil dog and had to get her to the vet, the drive there wasn't so bad but waiting in the office then the drive home were not so fun.

I am improving each day but not ready for work yet, I can tell you that for sure. I'm also not willing to rush it because I often wonder if I wasn't in such a hurry to get back to work after my original discectomy, I wouldn't be where I am now, that's a message to all of you that haven't yet had a surgery, don't push it.
advertisement

Comments

• Hi
    Glad to hear your up and around.
    I have four main programs and then you can make hundreds of adjustments to them.
    I only use two of them so the rep is probally right about people only using two.
    When they hook you up they get a reading of what you use and how long also.
    If you feel it in your stomachs area it can be cut down using some of your settings that you control.
    Make sure your rep shows you how to make those changes. Keep in mind that has you heal this will all change and need to be
    reprogrammed as it scars in. I had a few reprogramming visits in the first six months then about every six months. After two years its pretty well set now. I may have them try a few changes this month just to tweak it some.
    Well I hope it works for you.

That implant sure wasn't fun was it.
    Take care