Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

S-1 to L-2 spine fusion - anyone had surgery using XLIF and TLIF surgery to fuse the lumbar??

Well! I've been dealing with back pain for about 30 years and my genetic lumbar scoliosis has finally succumbed to all the alternative treatments so I am scheduled for a 2-stage procedure on May 20th and 22nd to remove 4 disks and fuse 5 vertebra. I hope there is someone out there who has had a similar XLIF minimally invasive surgery where 3 disks are removed (with 3 spacers with bony growth material substituted for the disks) from the side and then and the a TLIF surgery from the back to replace the disk between the S-1 and L-5 (again using a bony growth spacer to promote fusion of the vertebra.
I would appreciate contact from anyone who has had this type of surgery. Thanks.

• Welcome! I hope you are able to make some connections here with people that have experience with what you are dealing with. My fusions include the areas you are having fused, I have all the "bells and whistles" in me like spacers/peek, etc. that you are talking about. However, all of my surgeries have been from the back. I hope it goes well for you. Keep us updated.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.