Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

tired of the pain..and on Sub

cinndy47ccinndy47 Posts: 1
I am just new to this site and was looking for answers since I cant seem to get them from a doctor !! No Kidding,right!! I guess I will start of by saying that I am an Addict, I have been taking Suboxone for a few years Thankfully.. I, over the years have always had chronic back pain due to over working/lifting.. as the MRI ,still today, says the same thing.L4&5 herniated disk, bulging disk and chronic sciatica in both legs..I havent learned to deal with the pains I have had to live them.. Being told I was non-operative and with "Theraphy etc exercise well you know how the story goes as far as treatment.. It just doesnt touch it.. Finding my own way of treating the pain I became an addict..Manyyy tears have come and gone , I have had relapses here and there due to severe pain.. In this I have been unable to work.. like I use to!! Well over a year ago that "silver platter" fell from the sky and I was given a job that I have learned to perform as each day goes by to be productive and an asset to the company.. I have an hour drive there and more coming home due to the rush hour.. At the job I would do a lot of work sitting down and then came to realize that I am even better at what all I do by standing and producing more .. I felt great and tthe company was even happier.. I began to feel pain coming on each days end in my hip joint.. right in that bone area.. Thinking I would just lean in a different way the next day etc etc etc.. wearing different shoes, no shoes, slippers.. always trying to find something different to take that edge of pain away.. Then it got worse as to where I wouldnt be able to get out of the car and take a step, to just lean on the right leg to get myself moving,stepping slowly a few feet till i could feel like I could walk normal.. The pain just would never go away.. People friends and family would tell me all the time to see a doctor, because of past experiences I would just try to take care of myself.. ice packs, heating pads, laying down etc etc and would not go and be seen. Then came the day, today that I finally just got in the car and drove the 2 miles up the road to the ER.. Seen right away too!! Had X-Ray taken and they told me what I already knew.. N0thing is Broke.. here is a number to call and a prescription for Vicodin.. What I think is that You have Bursa/ bursitis..So of course I went to the drug store to fill this prescription and the druggist would not fill it .. Because I am on the Sub.. I said nothing and hobbled away to my car !!
Thinking what does one do when they are in so much pain that I finally go to the ER for help. What does one take for relief.. Other than doing what I have already done in my past..and I do Not Want to do that.. So now I wait for Monday to come and call this number then go to work and try my best to do like I always do This is where I came onto this site when I typed in pain/sub !! I needed to tellmy story a little as I read what You all have shared and I thank You for the information and advices. Which I need to wonder if I should talk to my Sub dr. and get increased as it is being said that Sub has been for Pain Treatment.. I know something is wrong with my hip.. I have been putting this pain off since August of last year.. Enuff is Enuff.. Thank you for listening

• Welcome to this forum! Unfortunately, I have no advice because I have no experiences like yours. All I can say is that spine issues are so complicated... not only do they involve bone, but muscles and nerves.... and then there's the emotional side of spine issues that we all here have to deal with... that many doctors don't understand. Hang in there, hope you get some answers and relief soon.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.