L5-S1 Emergency Room (Charlotte, NC)
40yr old male in good health.
- "Desk Job" as a Video Editor for 15yrs.
- "Lifting Job" as an Event Specialist 1yr (setting up lights, screens, speakers, computers, etc)
- No Accidents or Back Trauma.
Mild/Irritating Lower Back Pain. (Ibuprofen/Heat/Massage)
- Thought nothing of it & never felt the need to see a DR. since I did NOT have Insurance.
- Over the years I've noticed that my back would get fatigued so I would stand, exercise, & stretch. This would normally take away the fatigue.
Lower Back Pain worse, RT Hip Pain w/"electricity" down back of Leg, Calf, & Foot Numbness. (Ibuprofen/Acetaminophen/Alleve/Heat/Massage)
- X-Ray & MRI w/ L5 Nerve Root Block.
- Stretching my Thigh/Hip/Leg would not give full relief.
_______________* [u]Yesterday[/u] Emergency Room!
- Leg Pain unbearable!
- Could only lie on my back w/ my legs bent.
- I.V. Narcotic & sent home w/ Medrol Dosepack/Ibuprofen/Hydrocodon 5-500/Flexiril 10MG.
-- I was told to schedule the earliest appointment at my Dr. (Community Clinic)
, but I do not know why...
- ... to get more pain killers?
- ... a referral?
- ... what?
- Medium Back Pain & Tightness, Mild Hip Pain, Medium Leg Pain w/Sharp Spasms, Foot Numbness.
My work insurance is about to kick in but I have to work a certain number of hours per week to remain eligible. With my back like this, I can barely walk so work is out of the question. So far I have accumulated nearly $6,000 in Self-Pay bills yet have not felt any relief.
-- Should I also schedule an appointment w/ a Chiropractor?
-- Spine Specialist?
-- What other type of Dr. should I be consulting?Anyone in Charlotte, NC know a specific Dr., Facility, or Network that has helped alleviate your condition/pain? I've been going to CMC
L5-S1 Bulging Disc | L5 Nerve Root Impingement | S1 Nerve Root Displacement | Charlotte, NC