Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

back burning and pain

i have very bad back burning mostly when im laying down it burns to lay on my back or on my sides,does anyone know what this might be,!! please help ,thanks
janet acuna

• I've had burning and sever neck and back pain for many years. Some days, nights, are worse than others. 10 years ago, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. You might want to google it for imformation and compare symptoms. When mine acts up, I feel a "ball" of fire between my shoulder blades before it spreads all over my back. There are meds for it. Some help, some don't but there is no cure for Fibro. Hope this helped and hope you feel better soon!
  • I do not have this issue, but I'd suggest looking into a quality ice pack. I know that might sound silly, but I have had much more luck with a $35 icepack one of my friends got for me.... Works so much better than the cheaper ones at walmart (in my opinion) because it didn't freeze the spot, just cooled it and lasted for awhile. Perhaps that could give you some relief until you can get to see a doctor.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • bigred88bbigred88 Posts: 9
    edited 05/09/2013 - 6:05 PM
    Hey leomom im unsure of your history have u had any surgerys? Anyways since my surgery I have burning sensation and severe pain and cant lay flat either. U could try a bed wedge that will elevate u slightly in bed like a recliner type position and havy many different size wedges "bed and bath stores" u can also try an at home e-stim machine "electric stimulation" which increases bloodflow and gently stimulates your muscles which relives some of my burning pain and stiffness everyone is different and hope u can find sum relief
    Life after DEATH
  • Hi, can someone please direct me in the right direction. Off and on for lke the l month or so I have very bad lower back painwith burning pain going down into my buttocks n down my left leg with numbing and tingling in my leg. For the last two weeks it seems to have gotten a little worse. I tried drinkung nothing but water thinking maybe it was just my kidneys but its not that. The pain gets so bad all I want to is cry. I've tried ice, heating pads rice packd anti inflammitoties anti biotics and nothing seems to help...... someone please help me to understand n tell me what I should when I sit it hurts when I go to stand up it hurts I switch postions it seems like every ten min bend and standing hurts si bad. I work part time as a cashier and stocker I'm just in so much pain
This discussion has been closed.