Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Epidural injection L4-L5 -

Kyle151KKyle151 Posts: 1
edited 04/29/2013 - 9:47 AM in Spinal Injections
last year I was involved in a accident and suffer with lower back pain. The pain was excoriating and have had a sharp, dull achy pain unbearable. After a few months a MRI was ordered and I was diagnosed with a herniated disc in L4-5 and L-5 S1 and bulge disk. The GP put me on norcos then eventually sent to a pain management center. In which my doctor put me on oxy 15mg 4x a day, which subsided the pain for the last 9 months and has allowed me to function. But some days are better than others. I’m on my feet 10 hours a day 5 days a week standing up because of my job which has made it difficult. After wating for months and months for approval for the prodecure from the insurance company and my hesitation from unexpected circumstances. I could not bare the pain any longer and finally decided to do the epidural injection which was 2 weeks ago. The first 2 days I was very sore and painfull I was in ben with ice packs. I’ve only have about 20% relief and am still in quite a bit of pain. My doctor said this is a 3 stage process for the injections and will be getting 2 more. But is this common ? I know it varies on person to person but is this typical to only receive this amount of relief? Will he go ahead with the 2 others shots?
Thank You.

advertisement

Comments

• Wow... Norcos & Oxy, yet you still feel pain. I hope to someday read here that you are feeling better and off those meds.
    L5-S1 Bulging Disc | L5 Nerve Root Impingement | S1 Nerve Root Displacement | Charlotte, NC
  • Kyle151 Hi today I call myself color me mad. I have had problems with spinal issues most of my life. I began epidural treatments in 2006. They usually give 3 shots 2 weeks apart in 3 different areas of spinel After the first year I was fine for 1-2 years at a time. Trust me, my spind is a mess. disc 2,3,4,5 , bulging, arthritis, and degenerative disc disease. I usually have a steroid called Kenaglog or something like that. no side effects. felt like dancing after shots. this time dr, did not listen and used a different drug and I am having leg cramps, sleeplessness, itches, moods, and pain, so, know what steroid you have, blessings and hope you get better and better.