Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Recovering 4/11 PLIF

I made it! Posterior fusion on L5-S1 was a sucess! Leg pain was immediately gone in the recovery room. Dr said it was a mess in there but i should be pain free in a month. Sorry doc.....Im already pain free! No incisional pain, no leg pain, no back pain! Now if I bend (which is not allowed) or turn a certain way I can "make" pain but overall I am almost 3 weeks post surgery and I am doing wonderful. Recovery was a little rough but i was so drugged I dont remember much. Boredom is my main issue now.

Spent way too much of yesterday up and about which has caused some elevated discomfort but no need for pain meds or anything like that. I use ice and im fine then.

I was so petrified of this surgery since the 1st fusion I had was filled with complcations but it was unecessary. I hope the rest of the "April surgeries" are doing good too and I hope I brought some hope to the "Mays"!

DDD 2 level ALIF L3-L5 in 2007. 4/11/13 posterior fusion w/decompression on L5-S1.