Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Talk about chronic pain...

Well, as if recovering from my third surgery and trying to find a job isn't enough, I just found out that my MIL is coming to stay with us...for TWO MONTHS!!!! AAAAAAAAARGH!

Don't get me wrong, I love her, but in small(er) doses. She's stayed with us for three weeks before and even then I thought my hubby and I, of 25 years, were going to get a divorce unless I stayed in a hotel until she left.

Oh, man. You know the saying, fish and company begin to stink after three days, well I think so and my place is going to be reeking by August! I better have a job by the time she shows up for her over-extended stay because if I have to try and tune her out while I'm job hunting, one of us may not live.

• Mine has come to live with us permanently!!! I love her o death but me and my husband are in our mid 30's and we have 3 children ranging from 5, 9 and 15. She's been a big help since my surgery with the kids and all but omg she's gonna drive me crazy. She came to live with us a little while before my surgery because she was having financial difficulties. She apparently doesn't have any retirement savings and no job as of right now (she's in her late 50's) so she will be with us forever. So just think it could be worse!
  • Oh man I feel for you. For me it's my Mom. Luckily now she lives closer to my sister and my sister is able to help her alot. Neither one us want to live with her. Heck, I don't even want to live as close as I do which is 10 minutes away. I had to tell her last week not to call me again. That I will call her. It's not the first time I've had to do that with her. I'm soooo thankful for my sister, she does her best to keep her at bay. It's so bad that my sister and I have managed to keep my Mom from knowing exactly where I live.
  • My condolences to both of you, Cathie and Karen!

Karen, she's not the type to judge parenting skills is she?

Hoo boy..........

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    I thought I detected a cough and potential cold coming on for you. Plus the way your fingers hit the keyboard, there is a definite flare up coming your way.
    Translated that means, you might just need to spend about some time resting
    In fact, Dr Alex-Get-it-Done did an online consultation. Without complete diagnostics, he thinks you may have the Mo-In-Lo-Disc-Degeneration. This is a not a common problem, but has been seen in scenarios similar to what you are about to go through.
    Dr Alex, believes 5 weeks with rest should help you get over this flare up. He also stated that, this five weeks should be done in a very warm tropical climate, such as St Thomas or anywhere else in the Caribbean.
    As always, if you think you need a second opinion. Dr Alex will give you the name of his friends, I mean other doctors who would verify your condition.
    UIntil then, Cathie, rest, rest and more rest... You will need energy, lots of it.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thanks Charlie she doesn't judge me just spends too much on them. Which would be okay if she had the money to do it and wasn't already relying on us financially. Our house isn't tiny but it's not gigantic either I think I'm just feeling cramped (6 people, 3 dogs and a cat in 1800 sq ft) and grumpy from hurting. Too many little things getting on my nerves lol!
  • Well you're more than welcome to vent on here to us. Maybe it'll help, ya never know. I can't say I envy ya, but "this too shall pass!" :-)
  • Cath111CCath111 Posts: 3,702
    edited 05/06/2013 - 3:34 AM
    ...there's no way she'll live with us permanently. Her daughter has a huge house with a wing just for her. Who'd leave that? But she goes on her summer tours and a stop here is always on the list. But two months...Ron, thanks for letting me know about Alex's recommendation. Hubby says we'll get away a few weekends, just us and Wally and maybe just us and leave Wally with her. I think I'll be doing a lot of walking. I just hope we don't have to support her financially.

I feel for you Karen - if she came to live with us I'd have to rethink my whole life. LOL

I have a feeling the stress is going to make me need more meds - guess I'll let my surgeon know. :)

Carpe Diem - until June.
  • cath
    thank god my fil and mil are 500 miles away and he is too cheap to come up. he is so cheap that when his first wife died, he had her cremated and her ashes put into a nike shoe box and put on the mantle. people were so p...ed that his mother gave him her funeral site and he finally put her ashes there. we thankfully see less of them. he is cheap and she is too religious and judgemental. i am religious but she is way overboard imho. i am just a good quiet catholic boy. anyway if they come up, we try to leave and go out as much as possible so we don't have to be with them. and as for my pain and surgeries, i get lectured about what i should do... take copious amounts of vitamins and be positive. i am very positive but that does not help my sciatica which is based on mechanics not attitude. the joke is that he now also has sciatica but he will not have surgery, too much money.
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • Tortola, British Virgin Islands is one of the most beautiful places in the world...sounds like the perfect place to escape for the next couple of months :)
This discussion has been closed.