Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Arms of lead, legs of lead, neck extremely achy

I have had serious history of premature DDD starting at age 13. I had a pedicle subtraction osteotomy in January 2012. I was never promised any help, just hope to be able to sit and do some crafts. I was doing pretty good, all things considered, when I left Vail where I had surgery and returned six months later for PT. I left able to walk two 30 minute sessions and did two 30-45 minute PT sessions per day. When I returned to FL I found a new PT hoping to still improve. Instead since January 2013 I have been back sliding. My walking speed is half of what is was when I left Vail. I did a dumb thing in early March. I was too close to my brother and nephew moving a TV. I saw my nephew start to struggle and instinct took over where I ended up helping to get a 104 lb tv on a shelf. I swore I felt all four upper bolts. I have been recovering but still not were I was when I left Vail.

Now, the reason for writing, I went to the bank Friday. I knew it was windy but I didn't know we had a gale warning. I left from in my garage. Mom parked the car in the handicapped space twenty feet away. I opened the door. I got out of the car with my cane. I hadn't fully stood up when the wind hit me from behind. Immediately, I couldn't stand up I walked in like a monkey, well bent over, knees bent. We were going to go straight home but were told if we got to mainland, it was just windy, nothing like beachside. Dad thought if I walked in a store it might help. I walked the store for 18 minutes before the pain said stop and lay down in the car.

I. now cannot use the cane, nor a regular walker since the only way I can stand upright is with all my weight on my arms. Within about a minute and a half of walking, my legs and arms feel like lead and my neck is very heavy, awkward feeling too. I have been lying on ice.

Has anyone else ever experienced symptoms like this. My Dad is very concerned and is contacting my surgeon. I just wonder if he is being too concerned and if time is all I need. I know medical advice per se can't be given here. That is why I am just asking if anyone has had these symptoms and what we're your results, problems. Just writing this, very early on my right arm feels heavy and my neck, although supported on a pillow, is hurting.

• I am sure that you will find your time on Spine-Health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and continues to grow.
    Here are just some of the highlights:

- Detailed medical libraries of Articles and Videos that address almost every Spinal Conditions and Treatment

- The Wellness section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.

- Under the Resource tab, there is a section Doctor Advice Health Center which can be invaluable.

- As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here is where you can meet thousands of other people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family who provide comfort and the advantages of a Support System. You are now part of this family that is approximately 20,600 International members and growing daily.

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts do not violate any of the rules.

- As a new member, it is helpful to understand the 'makeup' of these forums, how to make posts, tips on adding images and much more. You should read Forum FAQ

Here are some you should take a look at:
    Read before you post
    Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the Private Message facility to contact any one of the Moderators on my team:

I would contact your surgeon and see him for a visit to make sure that everything is okay. It may be that you somehow injured and inflamed your already injured back, but it is far better to be safe than sorry. The not being able to stand up completely and the obvious increase in pain warrant a phone call and an emergency visit, compounded by the problems that you were already having walking is not a good thing. Please contact your physician for help.
  • anelsen15 said:
    hey, is that vail, colorado you had surgury? Was it Dr. C?
    I have the heavy legs and arms since i hurt neck to
    Yes it was and I see him May 15.
  • attheinletattheinlet Posts: 32
    edited 05/13/2013 - 4:12 PM
    He is all that and more!
This discussion has been closed.