Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery on May 9 but i cancelled it!

Hello! Im supposed to have a micro-d on May 9 L5-S1 but i dont think im ready. I am so scared, really scared. I'm not sure if i made the right decision. I was bed ridden for almost 2 months last january which made me decide on having the surgery. But then beginning of march i started feeling a little better. From eating and doing everything in my bed, i saw myself eating in our dining room with a bit of discomfort. And now, with medications i am able to go out and have brunch with friends. I know i have a big herniation and my nerve is pinched until now but i am more afraid of the risks of the surgeries. It's been a year since i herniated the disc. Does anyone here happen to have the surgery scheduled then backed out? And eventually in time the nerve heals itself!?
Microdiscectomy scheduled on May, 2013. With L5/S1 disc herniation. Scared but im going for it!


  • i had it scheduled then cancelled, mostly from reading all the people on here that have reherniated, then they get another microdiscectomy, then that fails then fusion. i have a physical job though. so i feel it would be a waste of my time. one day i will need it i am sure.only you know when that time is.
  • If you're seeing improvement, even if it's just a little bit of improvement, I'd say it's worth continuing on without surgery (unless your doctor has good reasons).

    Keytan- It sounds like you're doing a lot better! Is there anything specific you did to get rid of your morning attacks? I'm still having a lot of trouble with mornings.
Sign In or Register to comment.