Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain Clinnic Tuesday

Hi I been really unwell now for about 8 weeks, hardly ever going out of the house. I been struggling to manage my pain at present, my pain has increased and is fairly widespread. The pain is affecting my neck radiating to the shoulder girdle and thoracic spine also my right arm and hand . Also pins and needles in my right hand. Also in the morning the pain in the top of my head I weak up with is so bad this is very new , also ongoing lower back pain radiating to the groin . Also epiodes of numbness in lower legs and both feet and pins and needles. I have been a chronic pain sufferer for about 4/5 years now but this has been the worst it is consant no let up, I goin Tuesday for scan and then facet joint injections, but I was last at the clinic 11months ago and things went well he changed my medds and stuff and told me to try and lose weight and I did 18 llbs but now over not leaveing the house getting abit down I put 7llbs back on, he not going to be happy and pain mangement is not just about your medds my doctor says its about lifestyle. I am abit worried what he is going to say , he had set a pain plan out to help me and maybe he might think I am not trying. My history in 2007 C/3/C4 C4/C5 C5/C6 fuson 2012 C6/C7 fusion also Cauda equina syndrome/ spondylotic cervical melopathy also mild thoracic scoliosis and a compromise at L4/5 L5/S1. I have not been able too walk far or very fast, I use a stick and I take short breaks , my pain doctor wants me to walk for 30 mins every day take my time and I have up untill 8 weeks ago. I am hopeing after the injections things might get back to were i can start to get back to going out of the house and my legs will not be as weak and in so much pain.

• n2bravesnn2braves Posts: 68
    edited 05/11/2013 - 11:14 AM
    Just wanted to say that I totally understand about the weight gan.

Have put on more than a few pounds myself due to not being as active as I used to be.

It looks like you have been thru an awful lot so please don't beat yourself up about it.

Don't worry about the Doctor either, I am sure he will be understanding.

I will be praying that the injections will do wonders for you so that you can get walking again.

Please let us know how things go.

Take care.
  • Kiki48KKiki48 Posts: 196
    edited 05/11/2013 - 11:34 AM
    Be kind to yourself. You have been through so much already. I just wanted to lend you some support and I hope that your visit at the pain clinic goes very well. I get a little nervous everytime I have to see my pain doc. He and I have alot of respect for eachother but I know in the past he's taken what I said out of context in his notes. So I'm very careful on what I say to him or anyother doctor for that matter. I like to be direct with them but found that's not the way to go about it with most doctors. It's good to let them think it's their idea when it comes to pain medication. They only see us for a few minutes and they have to make a judgement call with very little face time. Using my intuition works well for me at those times. please keep us posted. Kiki
  • Hi Tina,

Kiki said it so well. Be good to yourself, take yourself to your "happy place" and think pleasant thoughts. I know it's been a long road for you. Certainly it's much easier to function when you're feeling a bit better, and that's understandable. I wish you much relief! :-)

• Thankyou for you nice comments I am feeling better about Tuesday already, the pain team are great and they have really helped me but since my lack of moibilty in 2007 and the medds I can not get my weight under controll. I will keep you posted about Tuseday my first 2 set of injections worked there was a 50% reduction in pain but my last set did not, but I did have 3 falls because I suffer from musle weakness, so they are going to try again. Thanks again