Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just wondering about something

I had a friend that has a herniated disc. He went to get steroid injections and received three. His doctor told him that he could not give him anymore. When I went for my shots (I have a transitional segment of my L5/Sacrum, and a bulging disc in that area), he gave me 3 shots. Two weeks later, I got 3 more shots, and I told him I was having leg pain so he gave me an additional 3 shots.

So, in total, I've had 9 shots within a 2-week period. Is that normal? He told me it should help my pain for 6mos to 1 year.

I was just having back pain when I was on my feet. I couldn't stand for more than 5-10 minutes. After the first shot, I had back and leg pain whether I was on my feet or not. The leg pain was totally new. The second sets of shots helped a bit, but today I'm just lying on my couch and my legs are aching.

Has anyone had experiences with getting that many steroid injections in such a short amount of time?

• Hello MrNiceIceman,
    Were all of these shots in the same area, each time? Normally, steroid injections should be limited to a series of three in any given area for a period of time since too much steroid in one area in too short of a period of time can cause problems with the endocrine system , as well as other medical problems.