Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

swelling in back of neck

hi every body, iv got a swelling on the left side at the back of my neck it doesnt hurt, im not sure if you get swelling with arthritis, iv had a fusion with with a plate put in at level c6/c7, but this swelling is higher, could they be related, im getting it checked at gps but just sitting here worrying, it would help if others have this problem due to the arthritis. i wouldnt be panicking quite so much. thank you for taking the trouble to read this.

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I am fused from c3-c7 and the right side of my neck is always swollen. If it is massaged it will go down for awhile but for the most part it is always that way. Some days it is hard as a rock and has to be massaged to get it loosened up. My Dr says for me it is just structural change,
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    edited 05/14/2013 - 5:56 PM
    hey tina,
    I have severe osteoarthritis throughout my body including my spine. I am fused from C4 thru C7 and will be having adjacent fusion done very soon. I can honestly say I don't have any neck swelling that is visible but I have had difficulty swallowing the past 6 months or so. Not sure what that is about but it seems to get worse over time. However one of my wrists was collapsing and had a lot of arthritis in it. I had it fused, the arthritis removed, and it has been just awesome since. No swelling at all.
This discussion has been closed.