Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please help, its urgent!!

Hello everyone, this is Jenny from California. I joined this site just now although I had been browsing through it for some time. Now I want to participate in the discussions.

I want to discuss my mother's health issue. She has been suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis and has been in extreme pain since the last few months. And has been unable to walk properly since then. What could be the reason behind this sudden development in the last 4 months- please advice something. We took her to a doc as well as he simply prescribed some pain meds and calcium tablets. Are these enough because there is no improvement in the condition and am of the opinion that if not treated at the earliest then matters would get worse.Please Please Please help. Thanks in advance.

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Hi jenny,
    I have severe osteoarthritis and also symptoms parallel to RA but blood tests do not confirm RA. There is a sister sight to spine-health <<<arthritis.com>>> that may be better to find others with answers although there are people on this site that suffer from RA. Has your consulted with a Rheumatologist?
    Hope you find answers and help for your Mom.
    Best wishes,
  • charlie6017charlie6017 Posts: 412
    edited 05/15/2013 - 3:01 AM
    Hi Jenny!

If you Mom is having a lot of trouble walking, has a doctor considered having a MRI scan to possibly see if something is wrong causing this?

I agree that seeing a Rheumatologist should be in order as well.......

Welcome to the forums! :-)

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    This is the site Ranger is talking about:

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    edited 05/15/2013 - 1:24 PM
    Thanks for correcting that Ron, I was thinking to myself today while at work," I bet I posted that wrong."
    Glad Ron is here and reads this stuff.
    Can I blame it on the meds? LOL
    Sorry about the misinformation jenny123
    Take care everyone,
  • I have RA and I see a rheumatologist on a reg basis.They are the only drs that can really help her.I am on good drugs that help a lot . I also get infusions every 4 wks that makes me almost painfree.I could hardly walk now I can. Get her to the right dr and they should help her. They have great meds for RA now.Good luck with your mom kathy
    Kathy B
  • I am sure that you will find your time on Spine-Health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and continues to grow.
    Here are just some of the highlights:

- Detailed medical libraries of Articles and Videos that address almost every Spinal Conditions and Treatment

- The Wellness section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.

- Under the Resource tab, there is a section Doctor Advice Health Center which can be invaluable.

- As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here is where you can meet thousands of other people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family who provide comfort and the advantages of a Support System. You are now part of this family that is approximately 20,600 International members and growing daily.

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts do not violate any of the rules.

- As a new member, it is helpful to understand the 'makeup' of these forums, how to make posts, tips on adding images and much more. You should read Forum FAQ

Here are some you should take a look at:
    Read before you post
    Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the Private Message facility to contact any one of the Moderators on my team:

Does your mother also have back pain or neck pain? If she does, it may be time for her to see both a rheumotologist and possibly a board certified spine surgeon that specializes in either neurosurgery or orthopedic spine surgery. If there is something going on in her spine, they can order MRI's and Ct scans to help determine what may be causing her inability to walk. If it is related to her RA, as someone else mentioned there are a lot of really helpful meds available now for the treatment of RA that have really done wonders to help others in your mom's condition. I hope that get the answers that you need so she can get to feeling a lot better.
    If you have any questions or need help, please feel free to PM one of us moderators.
  • jenny123jenny123 Posts: 13
    edited 05/17/2013 - 8:00 AM
    Thank you all for the valuable replies. Yes, she has been to a rheumatologist who said that the cartilage in the knees was wearing out and that only walking and exercising can help her. But the problem is that she cannot even walk or sit properly let alone exercise. So, he said it will take time and continue with the pain medicine.

And she does not have back or neck pain. She has pain in her right knee, in the muscles in both the legs and the area near the right knee is swollen. What is it, is it some kind if a deficiency?