Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi All,

Any body tried acupressure for disc bulge problem,I have a bulge at L5- S1 level. i am experiencing a mild pain in my right leg & buttocks.Please share your ideas/experiences towards acupressure treatment.

• Hi,

I have just had some acupressure. Sadly only 3 sessions but it made a huge difference. I have a protruding disc at l5/s1. It all started with a back pain and slowly developed into sciatica. Painful when sitting, coughing and laughig. I have had acupuncture before that and osteophatic treatment. Finally went back home to Poland for a holiday for a few days and had 3 sessions with a guy from Mongolia. He was the first person who said something sensible and told me my problem is a damaged psoas muscle that it became tight and stopped supporting the disc and that's why I get sciatica. The treatment was really painful and even a week after it I am still bruised here and there but it was worth it. Mornings are still bad but I have no more pain during the day when standing. Still far from perfect but he did say 3 sessions is not a lot. You need at least 10. I wish I could take a month off work and go back home an do it because that's the only thing that has helped me the most so far and trust me I was going nuts! My advice is - try it!
  • I was recommended to try acupressure but insurance doesn't cover so I did cortisone shot at my herniation l5-s1 and its working wonderful so far! Good luck