Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Crook in upper back

I'm a seventeen year old female, average height and slightly above average weight, every so often I get this very strange pain in my upper back, between my shoulder blades and slightly to the right. It feels like I need to pop my back and if I could just move or bend in the right way it would pop or crack and feel better, but it sometimes drags on for hours and hours. I've tried many forms of stretching and yoga to fix it, but nothing works. Eventually i'll move in some small way when i'm not trying and it will make the tiniest of cracks and feel better instantly. I would like to know how to fix it as soon as it starts because it sometimes takes hours before it resolves itself and it's quite painful. It can happen at any time, but it usually happens when i'm trying to fall asleep or when I wake up in the morning. Any advice would be seriously appreciated!


  • thoracic spine painthoracic spine pain Posts: 566
    edited 05/16/2013 - 11:58 AM
    An oesteopath deals with muscles around the spine and can normally help you.

    Also, depends on how bad it is a chiropractor should be able to look at your spine especially if it cracks back in and fix the problem for you. There are also physiotherapists who can work on your spine for you and tell you where it is out.

    Firstly I would try either an osteoepath, physiotherapist or chiropractor - make sure you get a good one. Normally the ones who deal with sports injuries are good. Try that first.

    If they don't fix it you need to go to a GP, tell him about your back and see if u can be referred for an MRI but they are expensive. It might be nothing but it could be the start of something. There are many specialists who deal with the spine.

    You need to look after your back when you are young - be really careful to lift properly - otherwise it can turn into long term pain.

    You have to see someone as sometimes back pain can get worse.
Sign In or Register to comment.