Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new to forum

Hello and good day my name is Manny and I am 36 and am going for my second discogram on May 24 to see exactly what levels the Orthopedic surgeon wants to do. For sure l5 s1 and possibly l3 l4 what I do not understand is that my surgeon wants me to go in on a Friday for one operation then come back for second surgery two weeks later. I was led to believe it was a microdisectomy maybe even a fusion. However I have not found one posting that matches this particular scenario. Sorry so vague on surgical procedure it is just that until the discogram I do not know what surgery it is. If anyone has heard of two separate surgeries please let me know. My Doctor told me it was for billing issues insurance no longer covers long procedures in the or if they can be broke up into smaller surgery times. Also im guessing it is for quicker release time from hospital stays. Well thanks for your time and hope to hear from someone soon.

Manny A

• Hi Manny, I haven't had surgery and I'm still learning about the spine. I did want to welcome you to Spine Health. I hope someone comes along shortly who has more information than I do. This a helpful site. Hang in there :-)

• When I have heard about surgery in two parts, it was because it was there were multiple levels to fuse and on both posterior and anterior approaches with instrumentation. Those are huge surgeries with a patient being under for 6+ hours at a time.
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008