Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nothing has helped

Severe back pain between spine and right shoulder blade, that after time being on my feet, causes lightning bolts down and around my back. Okay, I have had the MRI done, 2 spine doctors say there is nothing there to be causing that kind of pain. I have had a steroidal injection, taken a steriodal drug, a non-steriodal drug, and a muscle relaxer, and guess what nothing has helped. The neurologist put me on Lyrica to help the lightning bolts, but ended up hurting my legs worse. Or could my legs hurting be a new symptom of what ever is wrong with me! One spine doctor told me that maybe there is something going on inside my chest cavity that could be causing the back pain! I guess what I am wandering, if maybe there would be some kind of chemical imbalance in my body for my muscles to be feeling the way they have been. But there again, with the 2 gallons of blood I have given in the last year, surely they would have found something! Like I have told people, I could probably handle the pain, it's the not knowing what's causing it that is killing me!

• I also have a hard time taking a deep breath! My muscles in my back are so tight, and I don't know why! Not even physical therapy helped! I am at my wits end! Please help, and thank you for reading!
  • Hi Bri71172 and welcome to Spine-Health!

Have you happened to have seen a neurosurgeon? I know you said you went to Spine Doctors, but were they orthopedic?

I would consider seeing a neurosurgeon to get his or her opinion. You certainly deserve answers! :-)

Good luck!
  • I have read that pain in the right side can be caused by other things than the spine. Look it up on the web as internal organs can cause pain in the right side as well as your spine. I have intense pain in the right side but mine is caused by a crush injury to my thoracic spine. Do your own research and look for your symptoms. it may give you a better insight and take the research to your GP.

Charlie is right you may need a referral to a neurosurgeon. Hope you are having a less pain day.

• Have you had an MRI which included your thoracic spine?
    It is supposed to be quite rare to have problems at that level, so often it is not scanned.
    I sometimes have trouble taking a deep breath and have been told that, a tightening band around my chest and occassional muscle spasms on the left side of my chest is probably due to my herniated thoracic discs.

I hope that you will be able to find out what is causing your pain. I understand the anxiety of not knowing what is going on.