Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Our apologies if we have not responded to some of your posts

We have been getting flooded with these nonsense member names.. I am sure some of you have seen them. They are over 15 characters in length and using any key patten possible. What makes these harder to track is that there is a service out there that allows spammers like them to sign up, create temporary email addresses, one time usage, so that they can bombard a site with spam.

I've identified one of the companies that does this and it has been reported to the Spine-Health owners. Trouble is that they keep popping out all over the internet. Quickie email accounts, thats what I am going to call them.

What they do here is make someone on my team go investigate if its real or not. So we have spend time chasing that down. These spammers know this, in fact, I would venture to say that several of them on ex-members who have been banned from Spine-Health.

Its taking more and more time each week addressing these infractions. I am hoping for a better way, because each handling of those type of spammers can take up to 20 minutes of someones time to correct. Multiply that by 30 or so of these spammers daily, you can see where much of our effort has to be directed towards.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    edited 05/17/2013 - 11:53 AM
    But, based on some prior history, the smart spammer waits in the dark and after a while strikes.

With the new set of spammers, perhaps they do it all at once, make their spam and be gone with it.. Those are those 24-48 hour email addresses.

I am not sure. I have brought this forward to the developers here. I would LOVE not to have all us moderators spend time on those stupid things, but,,,,

But it does feel good when we know, folks yourself our members realize that those posts are also just junk
    Thank you
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com