Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

myelogram and CT

dina4114ddina4114 Posts: 2
edited 05/17/2013 - 4:51 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
First, thank you in advance for reading....
I'm new to the site and forum and quite nervous about what's going on. I have had pretty serious neck pain for a while and it recently lead me to a myleogram (sp?) and i'm not really understanding the results and could really use some help.

Results are:

C2/3: moderate right paracentral herniation mildly compromising the cord, the foramina are patent, the facets are grossly intact.

C3/4: small midline herniation without cord compromise, patent foramina, grossly in tact facets.

C4/5: normal alignment and disc, patent canal and foramina

C5/6: mild disc bulge with small osteophyte, patent canal and foramina

C6/7: mild diffuse bulge, patent canal and foramina

C7/T1: patent canal and foramina

Dr. has recommended surgery and the pain is so intense sometimes that it's giving me massive migraines and numbness. Any info will be so appreciated.

• Hi
    No one here on he forum can give advise about a CT or MRI we are not trained to do so and they do not allow
    Us to. Which is good because some false information may be posted causing unnecessary fear.
    I would suggest you have your doctor go over this with you and explain each item.
    You can also break each one down and do searches on the items.
    Me myself I get worried when the cord is mentioned.
    I had cord compression and had to do surgery ASAP and it was to late in my case.
    I have cord damage that will never go away or be repaired.
    Mildly is a better word then moderate to severe and not as bad from my experience.
    I would get another opinion or two. Many people read scans different and a second set of eyes
    from a professional in the field never hurts unless its a emergency and there is not time.
    Do your homework and stay on top of this. Don't get worried just get involved.

• Thanks so much. That was part of my problem is just understanding the terms...and yes when I saw "cord" i naturally got upset.

Thanks again. Guess it's 2nd opinion time before the operating room.
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    hey dina,
    I echo Rick's take on this, whenever there is cord impingement, there is concern. Don't get an interpretation of imaging or tests done to you from anyone other than your attending physician. Also if persistent tingling or numbness appears that is another red flag to see the Dr asap.

Be your own advocate, research and dig for information, be patient and get another opinion or more. This will give you the confidence you are making the right decision. I was new to this site 4 plus years ago and new to spine issues. I have learned so much here and now I feel I am in control (so to speak) and confident I am somewhat knowledgeable to make the right decision with my doctors to maintain a rather active lifestyle.
    Wishing you the best,