Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

in 2003, I was at work putting up an order (truck) that had came in.As I was working, bending, lifting and twisting, i heard a loud snap. I thought nothing of it because i felt no pain. However several days late, I was at home and I couldn’t even sit up in the couch.. I was told, that I had a lower back strain. I was off of work, for a week and the returned but I was on light duty for a week. But even to this day I still have problems, they’ve just gotten worst. And I doing the same type of work to day. A few days ago, I started to have severe pain, to the point where it’s difficult for me to even sit up, much less get up and try to walk That will take at least 10-15 minutes just to stand up. When I do attempt to walk, there are times where both of my legs feel as though they’re about to give out on me, and I feel like I’m about to drop to the floor. I’m taking 3-4 (500mg) ibuprofen per day, but it’s doing no good. I’ve had pain in the past, to where there were times, I couldn’t even bend over to put a clean bag in the trash can at home. and after mowing the yard, my back would hurt for at least a week. I’ve had pain before but never like this. And it’s excruciating after waking up..
Don’t know what’s wrong, but I’m thinking it’s very serious.
=============CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT’S WRONG WITH MY BACK=============
=============AND WHY AM I HAVING SO MUCH PAIN===========================
I’m having difficulty just sitting here, typing this now!

• I am sure that you will find your time on Spine-Health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and continues to grow.
    Here are just some of the highlights:

- Detailed medical libraries of Articles and Videos that address almost every Spinal Conditions and Treatment

- The Wellness section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.

- Under the Resource tab, there is a section Doctor Advice Health Center which can be invaluable.

- As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here is where you can meet thousands of other people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family who provide comfort and the advantages of a Support System. You are now part of this family that is approximately 20,600 International members and growing daily.

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts do not violate any of the rules.

- As a new member, it is helpful to understand the 'makeup' of these forums, how to make posts, tips on adding images and much more. You should read Forum FAQ

Here are some you should take a look at:
    Read before you post
    Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the Private Message facility to contact any one of the Moderators on my team:

I'm sorry for the problems you are experiencing with your back at the moment. Have you seen either your primary care doctor or a board certified orthopedic or neurosurgeon who specializes in the spine? Have you had any studies done? MRI"s or CT scans, xrays? If not, it might be time to consult with your doctor and see about getting an MRI or Ct scan done to see what may be the cause of your back pain, especially since you say that you are having difficulty sitting or standing up.
    No one here is a doctor but we can empathize with the pain that you are having. If you read through the libraries and various forums, you might find someone else who has similar symptoms and get some ideas of what might be going on. But first, I would strongly suggest that you contact your primary and see what he recommends.