Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I had a laminectomy about a month ago and the pain is still bad, I have been put on neurontin and steroids to see if that would help alleviate any of the pain. I am off for 6 weeks and when the surgery was done the doctor said I was lucky to be able to still walk. I cannot imagine going back to work and doing my daily routine. I would think the doctor will put me off longer, when does a doctor decide between being off to being disabled for a year or longer or permanently disabled?

• AllMetalAAllMetal Posts: 1,189
    edited 05/18/2013 - 3:15 PM
    You are still relatively "new" in your recovery if it has been a month since surgery. I know it took me a couple of months on neurontin to truly see the relief. I'm not a doctor, nor have I seen your imaging, but I'd think you are a long way from being "permanently disabled". I assume you have a follow up with your surgeon. He might can give you better insight on when you'll be able to return to work. Everyone heals at different rates, so you just might need a few more weeks. Good luck!
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.