Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck has deteriorated quickly (current MRI results inside)

Hi all, long time member, but haven't been on here in a while. I had an updated MRI done on my neck last week and the results were FAR worse than the last one from back in 2009. My ortho's words were "your neck is a ticketing time bomb" and that the results are not good for someone my age (I'm 33).

Before I show my results, what I am looking for from other members is simply whether any of you have had similar results and what road did they lead you down? I have a handful of surgeons to contact on Monday (the best in the area) to set up appointments to discuss options, as suggested by my ortho. I also have a doctor to call who specializes in Chinese medicine and acupuncture to get their opinion.

So now the results...

Thanks in advance!
- Liz

• froubabyffroubaby Posts: 20
    edited 05/20/2013 - 2:17 PM
    Anyone? Any thoughts? I'm hurtin' over here. :(
  • Froubaby. The only thing I can give is sympathy! I hope you get relief soon. My thoughts are with you..
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    My mri was very similar to yours. Remember this is my experience and everyone is different. All I can tell you are the choices I made. I was a previous cervical surgery patient that my spine would just not fuse from all the damage. When it did fuse it fused incorrectly and I ended up with shattered screws and my plate backing out risking puncturing my esophagus. I ended up having a posterior fusion from c3 thru c7. Best thing I ever did. Before my surgery even my walking was becoming affected. Dizzy spells that would bring me to the floor, the awful nerve pain down my arms and the worst for me was from my clavicle pain, I can say the surgery reduced my pain by about 90 % and I would do it again in a minute. Keep us posted and good luck