Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck stiffness and back pain when bend

I have had neck problems forever. Waking up and not being able to move or look side to side because the pain was so bad I thought I would be sick. This only happens however after days of doing lots of activity and lifting things, etc. Otherwise my neck feels ok, but there is still a stiffness and a feeling if you drew a line down my neck and accross my shoulders where the two points meet.
Lately I have had a tingling and numbness in my right arm and my center back is starting to feel a little pain when I move and bend over. Its getting worse. I know I need to go to the doctor but I dont have the money to go and have them tell me that there is nothing to do about it.
My lower back feels fine. And I dont have pain most of the time, it is uncomfortable but I dont need to take anything for pain. Its more of a stiffness right now in my neck and then just a slight pain along my center spine when I bend. Any help you be greatly appreciated. I am a 31yr. old female, slim and otherwise healthy. I did have an accident when I was way younger in which I fell 15 feet onto concrete and landed on my head which I am SURE wasnt great for my neck, as well as one or two small car accidents in which I dont recall being hurt at the time, but I am sure that didnt help either. Anyway I am just curious if this could be the symptoms of something really serious.
The more I think about it, my right arm may be a little weaker than usual. I also drop things alot because my hand seems to just open. I never associated this with anything but being clumsy, but the more I read the more I think that it may be associated with this neck/back issue....

• Bill-i-amBBill-i-am Posts: 9
    edited 05/23/2013 - 8:01 AM
    Hi, First off I am sorry to hear of your pain and other symptoms. I would highly recommend that you make an appointment to see your doctor and get an mri to see what is going on in your neck. I am not a doctor but the symptoms you are describing could mean that you have something causing nerve compression. I had similar symptoms and had a herniated disk in my neck. I don't mean to alarm you but you need to know whats going on so that you can make the best decision for your treatment. All the best to you. Keep us updated about whats going on.