Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

tic, tic, tic, tic...

patrain17ppatrain17 Ottawa area, CanadaPosts: 103
edited 05/20/2013 - 2:38 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
j.howie made a post titled "tic toc, tic toc" and it made me think of the sound my neck makes when I walk.
Since my 2 stage surgery, when I walk and my neck is a little to up straight, there's a continual tic in my neck/head every time I make a step. As anyone else who had cervical surgery noticed that and wonder what it is. I guess it's from the hardware, but it can get really annoying sometimes. Just wondering if I'm crazy again!

• Just looking at your picture makes me cringe. I am so sorry you have had to go through so much surgery. I have no experience with neck surgery. What I will tell you is that a few months after my major spinal revision surgeries (last summer) I started having "Strange sounds' from my back. Some of them were so loud my students would hear them and ask what was going on. They were no painful, just strange. Some only I could hear, and sometimes others could hear it. Then sort of out of the blue I noticed that it had been days since I heard it, and now I can say that is gone. Perhaps our muscles adjust to the hardware? I have no idea. I did call my surgical nurse about it. She said that if it is ever associated with pain then I'd have to come in immediately, but remember, mine is NOT cervical related. I suggest calling your surgical nurse just to be on the safe side. Best of luck to you. I hope your recovery (otherwise) is going well.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.