Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Herniated disc or SI Joint?

'm a 24 year old powerlifter. I've been doing it on and off for about 6 years now. Recently I've switched my stance with Squats and Deadlifts to Sumo stance, which is wider so I could save my hips a little bit. About a week ago I was doing Deadlifts for rep (dumb idea to begin with since your form breaks down(. I was doing it to build my anaerobic capacity. After the workout I was sore in my low back as expected. Felt as if it was my SI joints. Well the pain continued and within the pas couple days the pain has been going down my leg and to my foot. I'm making the assumption that it's my SI joints and my sciatic nerve being irritated. But I also have this underlying worry that I've herniated a disc. I haven't doing any lower body since then. It hurts when I sit, it's tender to touch on my spine and to the left where the SI joint is. When not moving it doesn't really bother me. I can walk without too much pain, it's not debilitating. I can also do a body weight squat and not feel any pain. When I bend at the waist it feels stiff and the pain arises when I come back up. I've been doing stretches and rehab for it and that helps some. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or has had a disc injury in the lumbar that could give me insight

• Whatever it is you need to stop stressing it and get to an expert (do some research to ensure you get the right advice). If you keep on injuring it it will become a permanent fixture. By the way, you'd better hope it is disc because at least this can mend.